• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sterio headunit question:

Tweeder

Reaction score
STERIO NOOB ALERT!!!

ok, i'm wanting to put a double-din headunit with navigation in my 98 Ranger. all of the retailers sites, tell me "no way in hell", but i GOTTA think there's a way to do it since double-din is 4"x7" and the hole in my dash is 4"x7".

has anybody done it? and if so, how?:dntknw: i do NOT want to hear that "it won't fit". anything can be made to fit. i wanna know HOW to fit it.:icon_thumby:

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
I 'believe' that 1998-200? had the "1 1/2" opening, that was larger than the standard size, but not quite double-din. The newer Rangers (200?-2008) have a real double-din opening. Now I could just be completely wrong about that and maybe the 1998s had a real double-din opening too. If I'm right, then grab the center part of the dash from a newer Ranger. If they're the same, just put a double-din in and it should fit. HERE is a guy who put a double-din in his Ranger.

Tweeder

Reaction score
i know it measures right on the face of the radio, at least. was just over on RPS and it seems to be a "fairly" common swap into that dash... i'll just hafta save my pennies and do it :)

after working the rally in SE Missouri last weekend, i figured out that my Ranger needs -- at least -- three things: in-dash nav, racing bucket seats, and a real center console. my bank account has gone straight in the shitter:icon_surprised:

sonyes

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
What year is your truck and which in dash units have you looked at?

Tweeder

Reaction score
i got a 98 Super-Cab 4x4 with a manual, and i'm looking at every headunit with either nav built in or (better yet) an available nav package. 'bout the only length i won't go to in order to fit one is laying 'glass. 'cause i sux at teh 'glass :dntknw:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals