• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

93 ranger buckets to bench

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I really like the buckets in my Ranger (power lumbar/side bolsters), but we have a baby on the way. I've got a trade lined up for the bench, but I haven't put too much thought into the seatbelts. I assumed the ones that are in it would work with the bench and all i needed was to install a center belt. i was just wondering if anybody had ever done this.
Also on a side note...it bolts right in, right?
thanks for the imput, and if anybody around me wants to swap seats let me know. the one I'm lookin into isn't in good shape.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
just obtain the stock center belt out of a truck with 60/40 or stock bench seat.

and on that note...i think the 60/40 is much better then a bench seat. the driver and passenger both get all the comfort and side support of regular bucket seats, but with a 3rd seat in the middle.

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
my old 2wd ranger had the 60/40 i didn't really like it. but it was a manual, so i guess having the auto would be different. i figure the bench will be easier to cram both of us and a carseat in there if we have to.

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was also wondering what year ranger seats would work? I've got one lined up out of a 91 reg cab...but I would like to get a waay newer one if i can.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
anything from 90-96 should bolt right in. beyond those years, there were changes to the interior, and im not sure if that includes the seat tracks (most likely not, but i dont want to guess).

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Well I might have something for you.... I can get my hands on a gray vinyl bench or I have tan 60/40's. I really want some buckets. The bench(out of a 93') has a slight rip in the drivers seat, but other than that there is nothing wrong with it and looks good. As for the 60/40's( out of a 97') they are in good shape too....with no rips what so ever and are pretty clean.... depending on where yo u live we might be able to make a trade. I can probably get a hold of a center belt for you too. Both of these seat fit right in my 93'. :)

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well if you want the buckets and center console....I'll trade you straight up...but i live in northern lower michigan....traverse city is about in the tip of your pinky area :)

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
What color are the seats? I would be really willing to trade esp. if they are gray. What condition are they in? Well I live in central Illinois. If we could work out some sort of half way thing that will work for me. Let me know what you think....or what you want to do.....which would you want? The bench or 60/40's ??? I would even give you both if you want...I found a gray lap belt for the center if you need it.

Last edited:

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
What are the buckets out of ??? Are there pics?? I could probably get picks of my seats for you.

Last edited:

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
the buckets are grey and out of a 93 rag cab. are all the ones you have from a reg cab? The tracks are different from different cab configs. yeas I'd need the middle belt. pics would be great. It'd be kinda cool to have both so I can switch them out once I don't need the carseat in there...I come down to Shaumburg for Mazda tech training about once a month, but I am usually driving a company Focus or Taurus, and thats a problem. Post up some pics, and if they are in real good shape I'm very interested. i've got a pic up in this post
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1249
if that don't work look on the 1st page of "show off your truck"
I'll get you more...the only thing is a small tear in the passenger side front. It looks like it would be very easy to fix tho. Center console comes with of course. :)

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
It would be easier to e-mail pics to you. Just send your e-mail to me and I will get them over to asap. The tear might be a problem, but if it is easy to fix i could get over it once I fix it. I will send you as many pics as i can to show what these seats look like. Thanks

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Oh...forgot they are both out of regular cabs.:)

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic

There they are, that tear isn't frayed or anything. I bet you could stich it up pretty easily. I was just going to get a cover for it.

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Well I went to go get pics of the bench i had and well it went missing:pissedoff:. Put it in a friend's storage along with other parts for my truck and well someone stole it. Left everything else.... Why someone would steel it is beyond me. So if you would just want the 60/40's....:dunno: . But in any case i can still send you the lap belt for the center. You can just PM or e-mail me your address and I will send it out to you. Beats having it laying around and i'd rather it be used. :)

By the way those seats do look pretty nice. That tear doesn't look to bad at all. I would probably just stitch it up.

What did you line your floor with??? Line-X ?? Looks good..

Last edited:

thedangerranger93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
damn..oh well. yeah I lined it with Duplicolor bedliner. it was cheap, and it rolled on. It was a pain in the butt cleaning off all the rust/sound deadoner that was under there.
hmmm...well I really need the bench, but I'll let you know if things change. If the bench turns up let me know tho. Thanks for trying :)

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals