• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Aod

ridofpwrstroke

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hey yall. New here from alaska. Anyways, first post after I found this site today. I have an 87 ranger with 1990 ford bronco 302 and 1989 ford bronco AOD. I have a dana 20 t case behind it. What oil for the dana 20? Here is the bigger question. I had a guy rebuild this tranny (no lie) 6 times and he was burning them up on the jackstand. Now I read about the TV cable on some other posts. What does TV stand for? I know what it is. What are the tools needed to check the pressure? I have the stock linkage from the motor. My lever is pointed down as well, where some I have read are pointing up. How do you get the pressure set right? I dont want to burn up this fresh rebuild. I have not worked on it in over 4 years. Need to get it running again.

wade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
What does TV stand for?
THROTTLE VALVE. And yes, if not properly adjusted it will self-destruct. Unfortunately, I'm not the one to tell ya' how. But, its been posted in here, and at RangerPowerSports.com, with links to other websites that contain explicit instructions as to 'how-to' and where to hook up your pressure gage, so on and so forth.

If I find it again. I'll let you know. Start playing with the "Search" feature.

This would be an Excellent subject for the Technical Library! Hey, Mr. Moderator, if you're listening... ...

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals