• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

'88 Ranger 4/5 drop

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have an '88 ranger and want to do a 4/5 drop on it but have some questions. Ive never done a drop before so im new to this scene. I have found the DJM 3/4 kits out there. And i understand that i can get 2" drops springs for the fron,t but this will take me to a 5" drop up front with the dream beams. I need to know what combination of products to use to get the 4/5 drop. And are there any special concerns or problems to look out for with a 4/5 drop? Also will the 4/5 keep me level afterwards? thanks for all the help in advanced - Jason

bluovaldude

Reaction score
If you are looking for a specific kit for a 4/5 drop, you will not find one. As far as getting that extra inch out of you suspension, you can easily cut an inch out of your stock coils.

But I would still recomend going with a 2in drop coil, you are not going to notice the inch nor will it make a mojor difference, because all trucks are different and it may settle different for you.

As far as problems, you will need the ball joint eccentrics, i believe that is what they are called to adjust for the camber issues you will run into, and for level, you will be purty happy with the stance.

jasongind

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
so with the 2" coils it will give me a 5/5 drop and that is a pretty level stance. then all i need is the ball joint eccentrics for the camber issue? sweet sounds like a plan, im going to do air on it also. but i got a buddy thats gonna help with that. thanks for the info

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals