• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Fuel Gauge Issues

glsmith68

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My '04 FX4 started having starting problems a few months ago. First checked fuel pressure which was initially low. KOEO first time and pressure was around 15-20psi after approx. third time of KOEO, the pressure came up to 60psi or so and truck started fine. Replaced the pump and sending unit assembly (relatively new filter at the time) and truck worked fine for a few weeks....then fuel level started showing empty (always) but truck ran fine, then a week later the "check gauges" light came on and has been on since. Now more recently, the starting issues have showed up again (along with the fuel gauge and "check gauges" issues.

Just checked trouble codes and I have one: P0460 "fuel level sensor A circuit" - I inspected the wiring and checked for continuity and pwr and things seem okay.?.

Any clues??? :icon_confused:

Observer

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
No idea if it will help but there is a unit that evens out the fuel sender signal.. so the needle does not bounce as the gas sloshes around. Maybe the module got burned out in a surge? That would mean no signal at all.

Here it is for my 92:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals