• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

easy cheap weld on clevis mount

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
for those not wanting to order the premade weld on clevis mount all i did was found a couple of old matching recievers (i call em stingers) and took the chopsaw to em. and cut the ball mount area off. i then notched out my bumper counter sunk them in and layed a couple good beads around them similar to what you would do with the premade units but didnt cost me anything.

the reasone i am just brining this up is due to the fact that when i was at the junk yard last week. for laughs i pulled out two recievers (among other things) and brought them upfront with me. the guy charged me 5 bucks for the pair. for that price i then went out and got 4 more.

I am fairly confident that these will hold up just as well as the manufactured shackle mount's and cost a fraction of the money (if sourced properley). they did take awhile to cut off on the chopsaw but the money was well worth it in my book. I've been using mine all summer and put them thru the paces and havent had a failure yet. i can get pics if anyone needs a visual of what i am talking bout i will soon be adding another set to the rear of my truck.

NOTICE: do this at your own risk. parts do and will fail every day. make sure to keep yourself and others outta harm's way while perfroming ANYTHING offroad specially vehicle recovery!!!

kroussinoffroad

October 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ferd
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
finally adding some pics. here you can see them to the left and right of my fairlead.

mounted them flat so that i can still throw a ball on them and make it easier to launch the little fish boat. its hard to back up a trailer that you cant see behind the truck haha

Smurf Mobile

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.slow
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the pics, that's a great idea! I've got a couple old ones laying around that might get repurposed for this.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals