• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Minimal fender trimming needed for 35's ???

squealingtires

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
I put a 6" skyjacker class two system on my '93 4x4 a few years back with all the options. Unfortunatly the 33/12.50 tires on 15x10 wheels (4"backspacing) was catching the the fender near the footwell in the front. I fixed this with 8" skyjacker lift coils. I need to get some new treads and the BFG 35" tires cost the same as teh 33" so this is a no brainer. I'm avoiding the body-lift solution at this point and am hoping I can get some good pictures of how you guys trimmed the fenders to alleviate any tire rub. There is plenty of clearance at the bumper so i'm just interested in the backside of the front fender. I need to call skyjacker and see if they might have a thicker radius arm bushing that would move the axle forward. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
just get a sawzall and go to town.......

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
add washers to the bushings but make sure you still have clarence on the and uses a 3in cut off and not a sawzaw it makes cleaner cuts.

nate09

Reaction score
A body saw is an option as well for doing the cutting, harbor freight sells them.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals