• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Oil filter relocalization kit

mudnsnow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
Ok i'm almost ready to put the 302 in the engine bay except one little details.......I have not receive my oil filter reloc. kit:bawling:..........so i want to put the engine in without the kit and just unbolt the engine from the suport later, lift the engine and install the kit. I f anybody have purchased this kit from ford performance i just want to know the thickness of the adapter that bolt on theengine, so i will let enought room for it when i put the engine in.

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
theyre usually approx an inch or so, but i would just wait and do it once instead of rushing and doing it retarded

Hate For State

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L HO
Transmission
Automatic
I replaced mine with the 5.0 still in the truck last week no problem. I used the one from Transadapt that has 2 inlets and 2 outlets facing the front and back. Just thread the bypass adapter on by hand and mark the orientation of the in/outlets then pull it off and plug the holes facing the exhaust. Spin it back on tight and install the barbed fittings towards the front and hook up the hoses. Keep in mind that it WILL start to leak once the O-ring compresses and you will have to tighten it up until the O-ring flattens out and you have to replace it.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Better to wait and do it right. I'd also choose to replace the barbed fittings with steel braided hose with AN style fittings. The barbed ones tend to leak later on. And if you screw the block adapter on tight enough,the "O" ring will be compressed to the point that it will compress no more.

Shag

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Be sure to be careful in routing the oil filter relocation kit lines. I put one on an old Pontiac I had years ago when some headers I installed were bumping the oil filter and I ran the lines too close to the headers. I was passing a couple of cars at about 90 mph when one of the oil lines decided it was time to burst from the heat of the headers. Sprayed oil all over the header on the passenger side of the car and made a smoke screen like you wouldn't believe. I went from 5 quarts of oil in the motor to 0 quarts in about 1 second. I'm lucky the whole car didn't catch on fire. That's my 2 cents on oil filter relocation kits.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals