• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Lincoln stick welder

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have this welder that ive had for a while but don't have the electrical connection at the wall.

I know the dryer plug will not work but can i cut the plug and put a male end that will fit in the dryer port?

Heres the welder--- http://www.amazon.com/Lincoln-Electric-K1170-AC225S-Welder/dp/B0000CBIKA

I really hope so so I can start fabricating parts for the bronco.

Or if you have anyother way for it to work would be helpful.

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Yes you can BUT what will probably happen is when you need the machine to do thick welds IE when it's cranked, you'll keep blowing the breaker. DON'T just throw in a bigger breaker, as the wires are NOT big enough to carry the current load. I'd say go ahead and do the dryer plug as a temp measure for learning purposes but plan on getting an electrician to put in a sub panel. The stove circuit is [I think] 40 amps, what your machine needs if I read correctly, but it may be a pain to move the stove every time you want to weld.... or maybe not.
Good luck,

Richard

martin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
The dryer plug will work just fine. I've been running mine on a thirty amp breaker (same size as the dryer breaker) for the last thirty years and it very rarely pops the breaker.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
actually the stove would be perfect since the back door has the kitchen in it and the stove is right by the door. I will have to check the plugs and run to lowes and check it out porbably tomorrow when im off.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals