• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Condenser pressure test

JavaG66

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
After many years of riding around hot & sweaty, I am now considering re-installing the A/C on my '86 Ranger. The only thing I am not replacing (yet) is the original condenser. I want to pressure check it and flush it out before I start putting everything else back in place. How much pressure should I put on the condenser to get an idea of its condition? It is a tube and fin style; I am considering putting in a newer generic 134a condenser, but then I will have to modify some of the refrigerant lines. Thanks for your input!

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
The pressure relief valve is set to 450 PSI, so that's what you should pressure test to. Though in operation, it won't be under that much pressure unless the orifice tube gets blocked.

You shouldn't need to modify any refrigerant lines for an R-134a conversion, even with a condenser change.

JavaG66

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Thanks for the info; that's what I need to know to begin checking it out.:woot:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals