• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone use an "Early Bronco"-type transmission mount?

Tony Raine

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The running gear i have in my 84 BII originally came from an 76 or 77 bronco. The PO bought the AA adapter to mate an np435 to the stock EB T-case.

So now i have this funky mount with 2 bushings that sit at an angle, unlike the other trans with a nice flat mount. I already have a new set of bushings.

I was wondering if anyone else has used this style of trans mount, and how they went about swapping it into an RBV.

I have considered:

1. buying a stock EB trans crossmember, and modifying to fit (hard to find so far)
2. build from scratch (which would take quite awhile for me, and this build is taking forever already)
3. buy aftermarket, and mod to fit.

#3 is looking like my best choice, but i am having a hard time finding a company that makes an upgraded version of a trans mount for an EB. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Anyone have some input? At this point, I would rather drop more coin into something that is almost ready to go. After this i get to start plumbing the motor in, and hear my baby run for the first time in a few years.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals