• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spring Creek Colorado

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Has anyone been up there lately and ran the whole trail from Spring creek to Georgetown via the rock garden, wedge ect? I went up there today and ran the trail with my good buddy and his jeep-I know its a jeep but hes a real good guy to wheel with. Anyways that place has gotten pretty nasty by the wedge and garden itself. I made it through with no breakages but even with 34 tsl and lockers I struggled most the way. If anyone wants a great challenge of man and machine I'd suggest it. :icon_thumby: Although I do suggest you try and go up when there arn't alot of people- Mile High Jeepers were up there today with about 20+ rigs and I spent alot of time sitting around waiting for them.

1991sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I was up there yesterday and the day before with a friend of mine. We were both in explorer sports (him 35's sas with lockers and 5.0... me stock with 32's.) I would like to learn a little more about where the trail goes to. It seems to me there is quite a few different trails in that area. I work right down the street from the trail head so ive been playing around up there quite a bit.

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
Thats funny we drove right by you guys at one point. I was in the white 85 ranger on superswamper tsl's and my buddy was in his gray/silver cherokee with a roof rack. Had another buddy in a blue 78 bronco up there too but he parked it at camp for the trip.

To get to the rock garden, you go right when you get to the top by the first little campsite, if you've gone to the mining hills you have gone too far. Follow that up to the first little ledge you have to go over, then continue to take lefts up till the "wedge" from there you go left again to get to the rock garden. Once you go through that, and are at the top, you can go right to saxton mtn which will dump you out in gerogetown or left that im told takes you back to idaho springs. If you check out traildamage.com that has a good map. Id suggest not going through the rock garden ect by yourself as it does get pretty bad and alot of people have alot of breakages thru there.

1991sport

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Nice... After seeing your post i was wondering if you were who we saw. Pm me if you head back up there. I have been working right down the street from the trail at that big log home off the frontage road.

Black99Snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
where is this place located im down in the springs and will be home in dec from deployment and lookin for more places to ride

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals