• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

d44 ttb differances? in year

regulate34

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
ok i have a 95 f150 with the lovely ttb. i am going to 4.56s to help turn my 36s. the issue is when i bought the truck they guy had put the axels in from another truck. same 8.8 and d44 half ton running gear but from some other year. now that i go to order my ring and pinion and install kit its seperating 83-92 and 93-96. not for the ring and pinion but for the install kit. i am wondering is anyone knows how i would tell if my front diff in pre 92 or post 93. thanks in advance

i am looking on bronco grave yard.
http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-1062-dana-44-bearings-kits.html

regulate34

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
after some pokeing around i read somthing about the passenger sider axel being c clip and one being bolt on. i am not too sure what to be looking for

Fordtruckman80

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 MFI
Transmission
Manual
My 1995 D44 that I have waiting to go in my F100 has a C-clip on the passenger side axle. From your post, i'm guessing the previous owner replaced the entire axle setup, and not just the axles shafts? Ultimately, you need to decode the numbers stamped on the front side of the driver's axle half. These should have the date in them somewhere. The numbers are to the right of the third member bolts, if your axle is clean, you can't miss them.

I can't quite remember how to decode them though, so you'll have to do some research on that yourself. If I recall correctly, 1994 was stamped on just about every part of my front axle setup, so just going over the axle setup should net you a date code.

regulate34

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
thanks ill go take a look right now

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals