• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

factory stereo question

02 fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
dose anyone know if a 07 factory stereo with the sirius and mp3 will fit in an 02 ranger?

sstoli123

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I am pretty sure it will physicaly fit but the wireing is different! I know this because I just bought a new cd player from a 2003 for my 96. I found a website that sells an adapter wire to make it work, they were very helpfull for me. The site is www.replacementradios.com. Hope this helps,
Steve

mjonesjr

I dance with the Devil...
Firefighter
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I am pretty sure it will physicaly fit but the wireing is different! I know this because I just bought a new cd player from a 2003 for my 96. I found a website that sells an adapter wire to make it work, they were very helpfull for me. The site is www.replacementradios.com. Hope this helps,
Steve
see that is where you are wrong.....in '99 or '00 Ford went to the "world" plug style radio plugs...yours was different because it was older than a '99 or '00...

02fx4:
since you already have the "world" plug in your truck for the radio, the '07 radio will plug right up and work.....HOWEVER, you will need to figure out what the + and - power wires for the Sirus unit are and run seperate wires to them.....you will need the radio to Sirus wiring harness because it isn't in your truck presently...

02 fx4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
thanks for the info....that's what i was hoping...now i am on the hunt for a new stereo and harness

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals