• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

my 78' resto... kinda

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
Last edited by a moderator:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
cant wait to see more

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
hey thanks man, its gunna be a slow build because i will only have a few hours a day, and weekends, and very limited funds lol. the biggest purchase will definately be the tires. im stil wondering if i want 37"s or 39"s. cause 33"s just look puny, 35"s are O.K.
37"s look good but i want bigger so ill probably get 39"s cause that way if i lift it more (lol) they wont look too small

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
i had 33s on my 79 stock and they rubbed very minorly, how much lift do she have? if she has 6" of lift usually 35s are used, or you can throw on a 3" body lift with it and rock 39s, or just rape the fenders with a sawzall lol

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
i believe it has about 6" of lift in the back, and maybe 5" in the front. im probably gunna get 37"s bceause there realitivily cheap for the size, and I WILL NEVER EVER EVER put a body lift on anything i own because i dont care what anybody says, they look like shit. I've seen trucks where the've been ripped off with grade 8 bolts, ill probably rock the stock blocks in back with flipped leaf mount, should add probably about 4" which would even out the aftermarket blocks, and ill make shackels to add up to the thing, probably out of 3/8" plate with gussets. i honestly dont think shackels are that bad because if made right they can be stronger than the leaf itself. and if i dont get the lift i need ill go get the springs re-arched.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
well.... yesterday, i had to rebuild the carb on it, man was that thing duurrrttteee. i never thought of taking some pictures, sorry =\ but once i got that all done put it back on the 400m, and put a little gas down the float breaters and man! does it run like brand new! it has a small tick which im not worried about at all because im gunna add a little bit of tranny fluid to the oil before i change it and that should clear it up.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well.... yesterday, i had to rebuild the carb on it, man was that thing duurrrttteee. i never thought of taking some pictures, sorry =\ but once i got that all done put it back on the 400m, and put a little gas down the float breaters and man! does it run like brand new! it has a small tick which im not worried about at all because im gunna add a little bit of tranny fluid to the oil before i change it and that should clear it up.
It isn't unheard of for 351M/400's to have upper end oiling problems, just in the way the oil is routed.

Dad had a heck of a time bending pushrods in his service truck for awhile... the problem went away completely when a guy quit. :icon_confused: :icon_idea:

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
It isn't unheard of for 351M/400's to have upper end oiling problems, just in the way the oil is routed.

Dad had a heck of a time bending pushrods in his service truck for awhile... the problem went away completely when a guy quit. :icon_confused: :icon_idea:
i really have no idea about the oiling problem except mine needs its changed.

so today, i tore the rear drivers side rear brake apart to change the wheel cylinder and only to find out theres about 1 inch of grease in the brake area where the springs and stuff are -,- so tomorrow i gotta go get new brake stuff which i really didnt want to do, atleast the front brakes are good, and i need to get some make-a-gasket for between the mastercylinder and the thing that bolts on, i cannot think of the name but its only a temp fix until i get a new mastercylinder i got pics but my comp is being returded and wont let me upload so yeah.

brinker88

11/2013 OTOM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Also means you need a rear wheel seal if the rear brakes have "grease" on them. No point in gasketing the MC and Booster (i remembered for you lol) The seals that are blown are in the master cylender.

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
yea. thanks i just want to gasket it up so it doesnt leak there so i can atleast limp it around the yard and not forget to put break fluid in and im about 100% sure the wheel seal is bad. i know i need to get one of those too, but those are only like 4 bucks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals