• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Traxxas Nitro Sport 3.3 mod!

H311RzR

U.S. Military - Active
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
So I just finished moddine /breaking in the new 3.3 on the nitro sport...which comes with the traxxas .15 stock....uh this thing is wicked fast...its near impossible to keep the front wheels on the ground so a wheely bar and bigger fuel tankl are in the works....heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqwuDZ6ASk

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That thing looks fun...

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Needs taller gear and you're running a tad lean. Good job so far, friend of mine has a Jato, it almost keeps up with my brushless 1/16 Revo, those 3.3's rip. Wheelies that easy remind me of the Shumacher N21XT Desert Storm that I used to have like 8 years ago - talk about overpowered much, lol. It could rip the front tires up on command when it's already travelling at 45mph. I have literally destroyed a set of pro-line street tires in ONE launch. I stayed in the throttle too hard and it wheelied, resting on the wheelie bar, and it spun the tires so hard it blew them to pieces. The motor was a thunder tiger .21 that I had ported and polished myself, nasty little bugger.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My first RC car was a Nitro Sport but it didn't even come with the Pro 15 engine....after blowing up the original pos stock engine the pro 15 install was awesome. It would burn the tires from a standing start but no wheelies.
Traxxas has come a long way since my last RC car which was the Monster Buggy that ran on pump gas.
The cost of parts gets to be excessive if you let it rip.
3.3 in a Nitro Sport or Rustler in frightening to think about....just use a 75 mhz FM transmitter so high power CB radios won't cause you to lose control.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Needs taller gear and you're running a tad lean. Good job so far, friend of mine has a Jato, it almost keeps up with my brushless 1/16 Revo, those 3.3's rip. Wheelies that easy remind me of the Shumacher N21XT Desert Storm that I used to have like 8 years ago - talk about overpowered much, lol. It could rip the front tires up on command when it's already travelling at 45mph. I have literally destroyed a set of pro-line street tires in ONE launch. I stayed in the throttle too hard and it wheelied, resting on the wheelie bar, and it spun the tires so hard it blew them to pieces. The motor was a thunder tiger .21 that I had ported and polished myself, nasty little bugger.
Doesn't sound to me like it is running lean but with that kind of power a taller gear would be something to think about. The Schumacher you are refering to...is it the one with the yellow chassis? Overpowered yes but they are fun to watch and hear wide open.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Yes, I had the one with the bright yellow steel chassis. I had an early model - it was a single speed 2wd that I converted to a 3-speed. They still sell a similar truck, but it has changed so much. It's now 3 speed stock, 4wd, and has bigger tires.

press 1 for english

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
So I just finished moddine /breaking in the new 3.3 on the nitro sport...which comes with the traxxas .15 stock....uh this thing is wicked fast...its near impossible to keep the front wheels on the ground so a wheely bar and bigger fuel tankl are in the works....heres a video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CqwuDZ6ASk

That is awesome! I am surprised the differential doesn't get ripped to pieces.

jesse93

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
i work at a hobby shop and i have people coming in all the time asking to make their sport faster and i do a 66 spur and 24 pinion with the 2.5 conversion mounts with 3.3..and they come back mad because they cant control it..lol

has anyone got to play with the new xo-1?...its amazing!!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals