• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

V8 engine mounts any cheap ideas helpfull

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Before the site switched over someone had mentioned that engine mounts out of a 70'somthing full size fit perfect to use for the convertion and they would be like 15bucks at autozone, so now I'm getting ready to start my convertion and would like to get the best bank for the buck. again thanks for the time of everyone.

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
iirc they were 390 mounts i don't remember for sure but i have seen them used in a 5.0 swap

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
390 mounts don't fit a small block. The 85-93 Stang convertible mounts are about $45 for the pair at a parts house. If you can't afford that, you need to drop the swap right now.

ieatcamaros

Reaction score
Go to autozone and ask them to cross reference this ford part number, E4TZ-6038G. The mounts are $8 each in my area. Autozone's price varies upon location believe it or not. Isn't that stupid? The mustang vert mounts are longer than the truck mounts you want. Both mounts bolt directly to the block with no other adapter plate needed, however, the truck mounts you are asking about may set your engine too low in the chassis without an adapter plate between the mount and crossmember.. I have not personally tried these mounts. When I looked at them at the parts store just the other day, my first thought was how much lower the motor would be sitting in the chassis vs. the stang mounts I had been playing with. And the number I gave you may not be the exact mount you are asking about but they are truck motor mounts for a 302/351W. If you go to the tech library from the home page and click on the v8 conversions link, in the motor mount section of the article is where I got that part number. Hope that helps you out.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
sweet I like $8 I have everything already from my bronco that is going away but now hrs at work were cut back so I now have more time then I want so I would like to get the truck done. my only other problem is motavation when its 120 outside. thanks again guys

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i used stang convertable mounts reversed...perfect fit

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
There is a template at broncoii.org on how to build you own... its what i did. Piece o' cake. 1/4" stock torch and a drill. works with 2.8 mounts... there is some discussion about them working in a 2.9 equipped rig tho. some small modifacations to the measurments. Go to the tech pages under 5.0 swap.

dude772

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I dont know what compeled me to save this but i did.... this is exact quote from the old forums and i think its what your asking about....

"Go to your local autoparts store and get a pair of 71 truck motor mounts,
they are no mod direct bolt on bolt in mounts for the 5.0L ranger, are
about 12 bucks a piece, and are lifetime mounts at autozone...( AutoZone
part number 2829 )"

I assume by 71 Truck it means a 71 150 with a 5.0L... for the dummy behind the counter who needs to know every bit of info about the vehicle you need parts for.

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Mustang, convertible mounts----85-93

wade

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Mustang, convertible mounts----85-93
Listen to Baddad. Mid-80's Vert Mounts swapped side-for-side. About as cheap and efficient as it gets.
Or, be like me (hard-headed), and make your own. If time is money, my mounts cost me 2 to 3 times the cost of slotting the cradle and installing the Vert Mounts.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok i have to ask. What the hell difference would there be in motor mounts between "convertable" and hard top!!???????? Theyre going to be the same are they not?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, and one other nice thing about building mount adapters, to use you stock v6 mounts is it situates the engine alot lower in the vehicle. whereas mustang motor mounts set the engine pretty high up.

bottledgt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Ok i have to ask. What the hell difference would there be in motor mounts between "convertable" and hard top!!???????? Theyre going to be the same are they not?
hardtop ones are crap. convertable ones are way better.they are not the same. and the 1/4 inch plate thing is crap. been there done that. this is much simpler

baddad457

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
Oh, and one other nice thing about building mount adapters, to use you stock v6 mounts is it situates the engine alot lower in the vehicle. whereas mustang motor mounts set the engine pretty high up.
Doing the plate thing also gives you squishy-r mounts. Plus the height part is moot. There's tons of room overhead with the Stang mounts. I've fit a 331 topped withj a high rise 3x2 setup with the factory oval aircleaner stuffed with a 3" K&N filter element under the hood of my 89.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals