• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have pics of their Chevy tie rods on a high pinion Dana 44 conversion?

breel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Everything is place and did the swap but something just doesn't look right with the finished product. Not to happy with the tie rods mounted on the spindles as they are and just want a comparison. Thinking of going with heims but with that said will have to start over with everything. Can some people post up some pics of theirs. Thanks B Reel

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
Post a picture of what you have now. I have never been a fan of heims on steering.

wahlstrom1

J-man HD Mech
OTOTM Winner
2011 Truck of The Year
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I used chevy 1 ton TRE's, and NWF high steer arms, it's on a low pinion diff, but I'm not sure that matters....

-andrew

breel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sweet, but doesn't help in my case. high pinion 44 with stock spindles 1/2 ton rods. I guess the problem I'm having is that the taper I had to drill into the spindle to bolt the rod end onto is to thick to get the grease boot to fit correctly and still have enough thread for the castle nut. Thanks for the pics though, and for showing hindsight with how I should have done the steering the first time.

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
Do you just have a tie rod over the knuckle steering? Post of a picture of your current setup and I can help you. Why would you taper into the spindle at all. Knuckle yes, spindle no.

breel

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Knuckle is what I meant. Glad you were paying attention as I wasn't. Will try to post some pics here soon

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals