• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bolt patterns

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm looking at getting new wheels. I'm thinking of going real cheap, those black rock crawler wheels for like 50 bucks a piece. I'm just a little reluctant getting black wheels, I'm not a real big fan of black wheels, but there cheap. What you want is always more expensive. Does any one have pics of these wheels on their truck, or something similar. I need wheels with 3 3/4" BS.

Anyways,

What is the bolt patter on an 02 2WD Ranger, non edge model if it makes a difference. 5x4.75, 5x5.5??

Thanks

scotts90ranger

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1990, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
35"
all rangers came with a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern, '82 through present, same as jeep and ford midsize 5 lug cars (crown vic, lincoln town car, 5 lug mustangs, etc), so they're super easy to find on craigslist also...

LittleBigFoot

V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
79-00
Make / Model
Mostly Ford.
Engine Size
Building a 408w
Transmission
Automatic
My crawlers have taken a hell of a beating. One has 8oz of weight on it cause it's not round anymore, but not too bad. I got mine off craigslist from a jeeper.

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
My crawlers have taken a hell of a beating. One has 8oz of weight on it cause it's not round anymore, but not too bad. I got mine off craigslist from a jeeper.
Are crawlers notorious for getting beet up, or did you beat the shi* out of them? I dont plan on doing real serious off roading, not really jumping through the air or anything.

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?Ntt=rims&N=700+4294923105+4294755963+4294795067+115+4294793325&Ntk=KeywordSearch

those are your choices in 15 inch rims from summit racing. they can supply you with the cheapest of cheap and the nicest of nice. my b2 has the black rock crawlers and they also come in white. you could very easily buy them in white and paint them whatever color you want before you have them mounted. make shure you research the best ways to paint them for durability!

my b2s rims look good on it but it is a trail toy(beat to piss and scratched up) that is half black and half grey/silver. i never wash my b2 so dont take much from my idea if "looking good". i will say one thing, you can get much better for 50 bucks a rim than the steel rock crawlers!

86ford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0, abused and misunderstood
Transmission
Manual
Are crawlers notorious for getting beet up, or did you beat the shi* out of them? I dont plan on doing real serious off roading, not really jumping through the air or anything.
they are painted steel rims, if you scrape on something bad they will show it and will rust. they are steel not aluminum so denting or bending them will take some serious impact.

Last edited:

mdmarble

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks a lot for that website. Lots of really cheap wheels.
Two questions.

Are the spokes on steel wheels real thin. I've noticed on like American Racing wheels, I think there alloy right?, the spokes are like an inch or so thick. I like the thickness. Thats just one of my little things that I notice. Something thick like that makes it feel overbuilt and robust. I'm like this because I have a small penis and I'm trying to compensate for it with something big. jk....

Okay... question 2. Could you fit a 31" tire where the spare goes? Or am I going to have to buy another wheel to mount a 31" tire and put it in the bed when I go offroading, and keep the regular sized spare in its place for the street. Thing that sucks about that is the spare would only work for the rear wheels. OEM wheels wont work with new spindles.

Thanks

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals