• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what a crappy day....

Destroyer000

January 2009 STOTM Winner
MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
well today i take a ride to go see my pop for lunch an when i got their hes like whats that box at the end of his rd.. iam like no clue. he says well it came from your truck.. my tailgate was left open all the way their.. so i lost 200 dollars worth of craftsman tools an was able to recover the truck box with straps an such.. so now iam out of MY OWN tools.. well in that box i had the lock to my wheels an i go to the parts store to see if i can use one of the keys to get my locks off an hes like nope.. so i had to MIG weld some nuts to the locks an got them off that way... on top of it all i still gotta get a set of winter tires for the ranger, a clutch, track, seat for the formula 3.. an banking a lil under 200 a week just isnt helping.. not a good day..........:annoyed:

Any one have a clutch or seat for a 96 formula 3?

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Um, there are special tapered lock removers that will take locks off with an impact without destroying them.

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Also had a bad day, got layed off damnit

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
At least none of you had to deal with a lady who does Fung Sui (or however it's spelled) for a living....

Even with my journalism degree and consistant A grades in any english/writing course I've ever taken....I"m not sure I"m qualified to properly describe how it is dealing with her....

Suffice to say I'd rather gouge out my eyes with 4 penny nails than spend another day working on that job. My boss has said that in the over 30 years he's been self employed, she is the worst customer he's ever had. She doesn't listen. She wants it done her way, even if it defies all of the laws of physics and physical possibility, and refuses to acknowledge that it may actually be impossible.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
yeah........ I have to break a lug stud off the Town and Country. the chrome cover on the lug nut busted loose wile i was taking the lug nut off and now its rounded (the lug nut won't bust loose anyways) gonna try welding a bolt to it tomarrow but i think I am going to have to break it off.

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
My day started with spilling a boil hot cup of coffee all over my crotch and drivers seat becasue some ass couldn't wait for me to back all the way out of the god damn parking stall, and scooted behind me, backing downhill in a standard you roll. Hit the brakes and sploosh! Then about 4 minutes later I'm on the road going down Shaganappi (an 80km zone), and a god damn buck jumps the retainer wall and lands infront of me, hit the brakes (when I was haveing a sip of what was left of my coffee) and went into a 4 wheel lock, I missed him luckly, where he landed, he would have been coming threw my windshield antlers first, and I spilt some more boiling hot coffee over me, my seat, and steering wheel, I used up all the napkins that I had in my glove box from the first spill. So at this point I'm burned and in pain, and super pissed. After I get onto Crowchild (another 80km zone) I see a dead deer in the middle of the road (the lane to the right of me), and then out of the construction zone, where they're installing the C-Trane tracks, another fucking buck jumps out at me. Hit the brakes again, spilling my coffee, for the third time, missing the bastard, I finished the few drops of coffee that was left in my cup, and made it to work, only starting my day with the 6 cars booked for the day, all 6 cancel withen about 20 minutes of each other, so I'm pissed, bored, and burned starting my day...Oh, and you would think that the day could only get better? No, the one truck I did have on the hoist awaiting approval (1995 Dodge Ram 2500, 8.0L V10) said no, thats ok, I have a friend who will do them for me. Thank you fucking much for wasting my fucking time, 1 hour to do a damn brake inspection on the thing because it was so fucking big and awkward to set up on my hoist, prick...Then to rub it in, a Volkswagon comes in, I would rather drive my truck off a cliff then work on one of these evil Nazi cars. I had to change 2 lights on it, and of course we don't stock the headlight because it so fricking uncommon, and the brake light looked like a standard 1157 bulb...Nope, the prongs that are on the side of the housing are offset just to **** with you. No wonder the germans lost the fucking war, they can't design things worth shit.

(Ok, sorry, I started ranting. I've been on edge, my cousin (who is 19 and 4 months pregnant) got kicked out of her place and is looking for a place to stay now, so i had to try and calm her down until 2 if the god damn morning, when I get up for work at 6am. My holiday plans have been shot to shit, so now thier being moved to November instead of in 10 days (****), and the head technician at the shop is on holidays now, so all of his work is being piled on the rest of us, ontop of our own work).

Destroyer000

MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
well guys come to find out i lost all the tools 50 feet from my damn drive way.. my neighbor said he heard a bang noise which was the kit coming out an about 10 min later saw 2 guys going through the ditch grabbing sockets an what not.. i just went an looked in the same spot an found 1 socket.. 13/16 go figure... guess iam saving my pennies for the 145 pc kit..

Shoeboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chrysler
Engine Size
2.4L
Transmission
Manual
Man that really sucks. I don't know what I would ever do if something like that happened to my tools. They are my life. I know where everyone is at all times, and I know if I'm missing anything just by quickly looking into a drawer of my roll cab. I'm still pissed off at losing a 1/2 flexable ratcheting wrench a little wile. I can't even remember the last time I used it, I think it was another technician that lost it, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'm pissed at myself for losing one stupid wrench, I now have no right to be pissed off. I think everyones thoughts are with you to get through this tough time. My tools are my life, and I know many other guys(and gals) are the same. Everybody, let that be a lesson to you all, make sure everything is securly tied down, or unable to leave the box of your truck. Sorry I highjacked your post, I needed to vent.

Destroyer000

MTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0. 4.0 Supercharged
Transmission
Manual
ahh man dont worry about it.. ya deff was a lesson to learn.. but i still dont understand how the hell my Strap box made it miles down the rd.. lmfao.. o well just got a new kit today craftsman 145 pc.. time to start dishing out the $$ this month.. between buying new tools/ getting the sled ready for winter/ an messing with the project truck SUCKS!! lol but as they say Sh*t happens you get through it an move on.. good thing i took the bolt outs/ an start bits outta the case last night lmfao

4Banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Sorry to hear about that man hope things improve. I know just what you mean though i am having one of toughs months. Start off with my ranger starting to ping so do a complete tune up on it with no body lift so that was fun. Still pining so replace the 2 month old fuel filter stops pinging. Next breaks start to act up so fix them. Check the tires on the car and find out that the second alignment job i have had done on it was junk just the same as the first and the inside of my brand new tires is being worn right off. Than get a letter in the mail calling my wife back into the hospital to do some tests. Go for their tests and find out she has to go through treatment for female problems. Just get a little of the sting out off that one and the ranger starts pinging again. I seem to have it fix but don't want to say anything to load in fear of dumping gas on a fire.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals