• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Questions about Lifting

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
I have a 2007 Sport 2wd if i were to get a lift kit for it would i get one for the 2wd or the 4 wd cause it is on the same frame as the 4wd so i am not sure it has like a foot or more of ground clearence extra leaf and torsion bar suspension i dont know which one to get any help would be appreciated

c1skout

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Edge
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
for the 2wd

BlackBII

Ranger Custom
Article Contributor
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Truck of Month
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
Get one for 2wd, the 2wd and 4wd front suspensions are totally different, 2wd has coils, 4wd has torsion bars, unless it's 'Edge' then it'll have torsion bars, I beleive.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
it has torsion bars

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
so should i get the one for 4wd?

Bip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have an EDGE. I was told we can crank the torsion bar to raise the front end and replace the rear shackles with longer ones. There are warnings about a safe front end raise using the existing torsion bars. I believe you don't want to go over 2" higher than origanal settings. I could be wrong. I'm hoping the members here will let us know. I am planning to lift my truck, too.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
lol so do i

VforVictry

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RANGER 3.OL FLE
Transmission
Manual
I have an EDGE. I was told we can crank the torsion bar to raise the front end and replace the rear shackles with longer ones. There are warnings about a safe front end raise using the existing torsion bars. I believe you don't want to go over 2" higher than origanal settings. I could be wrong. I'm hoping the members here will let us know. I am planning to lift my truck, too.
Using the torsions to "lift" your truck isn't really lifting it. Cranking on the torsion is going to cause you problems in the long run. For one you are going to chew through tires and have a really crappy ride. Putting longer shackels in the rear with stock springs is going to make you rear end come off the ground if you hit a pebble. Thier are a ton of lifts out there running from $500.00 to $10,000.

Last edited:

GatorBlue92

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
you want to get lift spindles... fabtech makes a good kit as does camburg but its very $$$

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
Using the torsions to "lift" your truck isn't really lifting it. Cranking on the torsion is going to cause you problems in the long run. For one you are going to chew through tires and have a really crappy ride. Putting longer shackels in the rear with stock springs is going to make you rear end come off the ground if you hit a pebble. Thier are a ton of lifts out there running from $500.00 to $10,000.
if you get an alignment it doesnt chew threw tires as fast. but you HAVE TO get it the same day you do it or your are screwed

Bip

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Clearance (front end)

Just curiuos.. I have less than 1/4 inch of clearance between the yellow bushing (mounted to frame) and the swing arm. Is this normal or should it be around 1/2 inch? 1/4 inch doesn't seem like much before it tops out.

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
hmm i am clueless as to the answer to that question, i would say to ask sludge he is i believe an actual Ford Tech so he should know

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals