• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

help with tires please

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
im really confused..i have a 93 2wd ranger that i jsut ordered a 3 inch body lift for.can i out 30 inch tires on stock rims?if so can i have a link.i have no clue on how to figure this out.thanks

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
30" tires will fit on a stock rim. The limiting factor on fitting a tire on a rim is the width. The rule of thumb is no more than 4" difference (example: 7" wide rim allows 11" wide tire max) I do not know what kind of link you are wanting. To a tire that will fit? I don't know what kind of tire you want (street, all-terrain,mud-terrain).

EDIT: Also please try to proof-read and clean up you posts. Double space after sentences, complete words, etc. It makes a world of difference when trying to decifer it. Thank you.

Last edited:

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok. thanks for the help. could you help me find a tire. i need a cheap tire that will fit the stock rim. like a all terrain tire. it doesnt need to be a good tire. just a cheap tire. i would like 30 inche tires. thanks for the help.
ryan:clapping:

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A good place to look online is tirerack.com. Then you can pick out your own tire. If you have 14" rims it will be tough to find an AT to fit it I think. The way to see what size rim you have is on your tire. The tire will have numbers on it (ex. 225/65/14) the last number (14) says how big the rim is in inches. Find that out, then talk to your local tire shops and tell them what you are looking for. Also look at tirerack.com. If you're just looking for cheap, then you don't really need help (advice, etc.) just time to browse the web. And its obvious you can use the web as you found this site. Let us know what tires you're lookin at.

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
go on craigslist. i bought 4 bfg m/t tires, 35x12.50r15 with 95% tread for $250 for the set of 4. they retail for $200 a piece. just be patient.

rangerrager

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
ok..kool. so will 28x8.50 r15s fit my stock rim on my truck after i put the 3 inch body lift on

Dangeranger3

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That sounds about like stock size, so definitley yes. Though I would opt for 31"s. What size do you have now?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals