• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Greater Vancouver/Lower Mainland

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Hey, I was wondering if anyone was aware of some 4x4ing available in the lower mainland/greater Vancouver.

Obviously there is Stave Lake, but at this time of the year the lake is high, so there isn't really much there.

The other option I am aware of is Eagle Ridge, in Coquitlam, and I have yet to explore up there, but my friends complain like little school girls about going up there for some reason...

Does anyone know of anything else? I am sure there is stuff in the Abottsford area, but I am not familiar with it at all.

Im open for any suggestions... Delta, Surrey, Langley, the North Shore... What'cha got?

For anyone in Washington State, is there anything you know of close to the border? Something within an hour or less of Blaine/Lyndon maybe? Some places worthy of a weekend trip would be nice to know about too.

Thanks!
Matt.

White94Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
theres Whipsaw, a pretty popular trail about an hour out of Chilliwack, thats where i plan to go when my trucks ready.

kozak

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 351M, 302
Transmission
Automatic
I would say Whip saw is a bit more then an hour from Chilliwack. Theres quite a few places....
Check out Harrison east and west forest service roads. You can get to Boston bar area from the east side, and you can get to Pemberton area on the west side. Lots to explore on both areas.
Vedder mountain is decent, although I hear they are logging up there right now.
Head down Chilliwack Lake road, some fun to be had on the mountains there.

Surrey

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Oh, I know once I get out in the Valley to Mission/Abbotsford, and into Chillowack/Harrison and beyond there are too many trials to ever cover in a life time... Me or a friend really need to pick up a backroads mapbook for the area.

I was hoping for stuff closer to the city, something more accessible for an afternoon or evening... I rarely have enough time to get out that far.

whissiswheelin

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
I am at stave at least once a month, There is something for everyone to enjoy. The water wasn't too high last Weekend. We traveled the creek down to the flats, there are also tons of trails to explore trouble is getting around some of the gates unless you don't mind rat bagging your truck... someone also recently knocked a gate down so there are a few more trails that were pretty hard to get to before.
Some of the trails in stave lead to Mcnutt which has some pretty sweet wheelin.
Then there is also Sylvester road on the other side of stave lake which can be pretty knarly.

Edit: Ive also heard of a place around Coquitlam called eagle ridge or something never been but Ive heard its sweet

Last edited:

GraySkull

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
this is further but squamish is great, and even further on there is some trails in whistler and pemberton.......there is a spot in richmond called triangle point........

will post more as i think of them.....

im from vancouver to

markiiu

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I was going to say triangle beach. It seems to be more of a dirtbike place than a truck place, but there was some mudholes last I was there, and lots of sand, and some short "hill" climbs (As much of a hill as richmond has) maybe 15ft tall?
Not too far from surrey anyways.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals