• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New pads and rotor install. Now I got problems

ragnarock47

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I just installed new pads and rotors on my 2002 2wd Edge.

I was taking it for a drive afterwards and other than a bit of noise from the pads, everything was ok for about 1/4 mile. Then when I hit the brakes, the front passenger side locked up. I was not going fast, maybe 25 mph, got on the brakes light to medium like. This kept happening at slower speeds until I got back in the driveway. A bit more than a very very light application and the brakes on the one side grab full bore immediately. As soon as I let off the pedal, they brakes seemed to release.

I also trashed the bleeder screw on the driver side. I tried EZ-outting it and it didn't get it out. I saw no fluid leaking from that side. Finished up the passenger side, which is the side grabbing, and then headed out with the trashed bleeder screw on the driver side.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
did you unplug any sensors that should be repluged in? I would pull the passanger tire off and make sure the pads are seated correctly on the rotor

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Why are you messing with bleeder screws with a pad and rotor replacement? Did you do something you're not telling us about?

You certainly need a driver's side caliper now. And using an EZ-out correctly simply has to result in a leaking caliper. EZ-outs don't do a dang thing unless you drill all the way through the stuck bolt.

gnardoom

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
maybe one sides full of air and your mashing the brakes to get them to work and the good one is locking up

michowski

Reaction score
id replace both calipers and rebleed your system. There only 15 bucks for each caliper at autozone. Buy the 2 for the front and you got a lifetime warrenty on em. Never gotta worry about em again.

Joshs93four-oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/245CID
Transmission
Manual
You probably have a bad brake hose opposite side it pulls to under braking. I'm almost 100% sure. Thats after you verify that The pads arent wedged in incorrectly. Josh

brendank

It's only money...
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You probably have a bad brake hose opposite side it pulls to under braking. I'm almost 100% sure. Thats after you verify that The pads arent wedged in incorrectly. Josh
Unlikely. If the hose was fine before the break job, it's logical that it will be fine after unless something was done to it.

The truth is that we can all sit here and guess what it is, but there is really no way do diagnose it without seeing it. You fubared something along the way, now go back and look at it. Fix it when you find it. Easy.

Joshs93four-oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/245CID
Transmission
Manual
How is that unlikely? If he let the calipers hang by the hoses while doing the brake job then he migh have a bad hose. In 1000 situations that I've diagnosed similar to this it was always the brake hose. Thats only if its a pull under braking. Diagnose it? Well stick a screwdriver in the inspection hole in the caliper between the Piston and the rotor and try to return the piston. If it dosent move, then do the same thing while opening the bleeder. If the piston goes in at that time then its a bad hose. If the piston dosent return in either case, then the caliper piston/sliders are siezed. I worked on one vehicle that had a brake pull due to cheap quality pads. I moved the pads side to side and the pull went away. Josh
________
Lincoln lincoln history

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals