• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

suspension kit for 2008 ranger

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
bought a new 2008 ford ranger 2.3l 4cyl 2wd single cab and was wondering if there was any suspension kits for it...anyone know?

bluovaldude

Reaction score
What type of kit are you wanting ? As for drop kits, DJM makes a 4/5 drop kit, and also a 2/3 drop kit. I believe Belltech has a 3/3 kit.

As for lifting I am not entirely sure who has a kit but I think Fabtech makes a kit for the Ranger but not sure how much lift it gives.

As for looking for suspension kits... Anything from 98 and up will work. Unless your truck is a sport or edge.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
well i was gonna be pretty much rompin in the desert and i'm getting some BFGoodrich all terrains 31" so i need a suspension for that...i was gonna get a fabtech 3" suspension kit for an 03 but the company had no retrun policy for it and wasn't sure it was gonna fit so didn't get it after all

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Well as long as your truck is not a sport/edge. and the kit is not for an edge. You will be just fine.

I think the 3 in lift is just a spindle lift it should work just fine for you. Anything for a 98 and up will work just fine.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
yeah my truck isn't a sport or edge and it was a spindle system but is it confirmed that any kit would fit an 08?

bluovaldude

Reaction score
Any kit from 98- up will work on your truck. Most of the manufacturers have just not updated their computers or stock on what most things fit.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
yeah i heard that 98 and up would fit but i took it to a shop the other day and some guy told me the suspension changes slightly...so i don't know.

bluovaldude

Reaction score
If it has changed it is not enough to make a difference in parts. But if you are that concerned call up Fabtech or any other suspension company that you are looking at ask them what they would recomend doing.

But I am purty sure nothing has changed drastically that would effect the parts from fitting properly and working the same way the should normally work.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
well the company i was gonna buy it from called fabtech and they said it wasn't confirmed that it was gonna fit...

Rainier

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I have the same question. I'm looking to going back to Rangers after having had a 96 4cyl that I lifted some years ago. I want to get just a 08 single cab XL 2.3L and lift it. I want to run 32s if possible. :)

Suggestions?

Jeepin Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm curious about lifts too, we just got a 2WD 2008 XL 2.3L single cab as a DD and I need to beef this thing up a tad.

Last edited:

Rainier

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
From what I found out so far, Fabtech seems to be the only solution. No idea on pricing though.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
the lift kit iwas gonna buy was for an 03 and it was about $728 but no return policy...it was on autoanything.com

bluovaldude

Reaction score
I am almost certain the suspension lift you guys are looking at is going to fit and work the exact way it was ment to do.

The suspension has not changed enough to make a differents if it has even changed at all.

If the company you are buying from has no return policy... uh dont buy from them if you have that much of a doubt in the product.

Last time I checked Summit Racing has been the best place to buy just about anything mail order.

desertranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
can send me a link to the product so i can look at it?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals