• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

jet chip programmer and chip

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
i have a 2001 ford ranger 3.0v6 i am thinking of purchasing a jet chips programmer and chip and i have researched it on their website but i am still curious if either of the two will damage my truck in any way big or small, if anyone has any input it would be grealty appreciated

98ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i put the jet performance module in mine and i love it! definitely gave it a little more pep, i think its a pretty safe mod.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
Will that same chip fit my '99? How much are they?

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
yeah it should go in their website, theres a link on trs, they tested the chip on a 2000 ranger 3.0 and it gained 43 horses, thats pretty dam good for $245.00

Kdawg532

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6 God's gift to man
Transmission
Manual
daggone son i am getting one of these ASAP

fordboi415

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
3.0V6
Transmission
Manual
basically it reprograms or sends signals to your ecu and optimizes the power output of your engine, it dials in your spark, timing, fuel-air ratio, and some other stuff but it does it safely so theres no damage to you truck

warmmilk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
hey, i just got a ranger with a 3.0 V6 and i was considering a chip for it. however, at 16mpg (best i could manage) i don't wanna gain power at the expense of gas mileage. for those of you who have this chip, how has it affected ur gas mileage?

James

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L Flex
Transmission
Automatic
Jet programmer heads up

Just a heads up that I had to have the ECM reprogrammed by the dealer before the programmer would work on my 03' 3.0L.

This is apparently a common requirement and is listed in the instruction manual as an error "software needs updated - call Jet customer service". You make the call and that's when they break the news that you get to spend and additional $40 - $100 with a trip to the dealer.

I've only had it for a few days so I can't give offer much feedback yet. It will take some very good performance to justify the cost.

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
What about high mileage 3 liters? Mine has 135000 miles, do you think it would be safe to put a chip in it? It still runs pretty good.

Half Nuts

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Automatic
hey, i just got a ranger with a 3.0 V6 and i was considering a chip for it. however, at 16mpg (best i could manage) i don't wanna gain power at the expense of gas mileage. for those of you who have this chip, how has it affected ur gas mileage?
16 mpg?!!?!
good GOD man, You need a tune up or something!
skip the programmer for now and get new plugs, wires, sensors, fluids, etc. etc. pronto!

reginald fairfield

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 liter FF
Transmission
Manual
For real. 16 mpg is ridiculous. Try new oxygen sensors; I put all new ones on my 99 4x4 3 liter and I am getting 21 mpg a lot of times.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I get 18MPG......and my drive to/from work includes some stop and go. That's why.

metalgear138

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 2001 ford ranger 3.0v6 i am thinking of purchasing a jet chips programmer and chip and i have researched it on their website but i am still curious if either of the two will damage my truck in any way big or small, if anyone has any input it would be grealty appreciated
Is your 2001 Ranger auto or manual? Reason why I ask is because I had a 2001 3.0 V6 Ranger w/auto trans with a JET chip. I traded in the 2001 for a 2006 Ranger, and I still have my JET performance chip and have been looking to sell it. I primarily noticed an increase in power and throttle response. The only downside to the chip is running premium grade fuel, and when you use regular grade you can tell the difference in performance. The chip was super easy to install; it plugs directly into an unused port on the factory ECU.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals