• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Construction companies that hire minors in Michigan?

1984ranger28

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Hi, does anyone know of a construction company that will hire a 16 year old by Flint, Michigan? I want to work in construction now so I can focus on what I really want to do after highschool. I know federal law says I can work on a construction site, but I'm unfamiliar with Michigan law. Thanks, Lucas.

fangotango306

Supporting Member
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
None yet
Transmission
Automatic
You can get a work permit from your schools administration, and spply to any job you wish. Most companies have positions like this available. You will only be allowed to work a certain number of hours per week. And the school district you are in will also have a minimum GPA requirement that you must maintain or they will revoke your permit.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
B3000
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
While every area has different requirements the above info is very good. Check with your school counselor and use those resources.

I must say that in this day and age it is refreshing to see an abled body person actively seeking employment.

You have a long life ahead of you but you are headed in the right direction.

Congratulations on your upcoming employment. And remember that very seldom is your first job the one you will do for the rest of your life. Enjoy your youth.

Ray

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Also a good tip an "Ole Timer" told me was : Work to learn, not to earn. Meaning, soak up as much knowledge as possible so you can further your career.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals