• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Replacing stock exhaust with over 242,000 miles

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure if I really need to do this but I was curious about some budget friendly manifold back exhausts out there. I want a whole system that includes a cat, I wouldn't mind a little bit more rumble but nothing crazy, not sure where to start.

Like I said, I'm not even sure this needs done, I just know it's the stock system and has enough miles on it to go to the moon and start heading back so I imagine the cat has handled plenty. Should I even bother if there are no lights on?

RangerFabWorks

The O.G blackwidow67
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Rock auto is about the best deal you can find if you want to do the work yourself. Otherwise. Find a good old time “mom and pop” exhaust shop. And let them weld you up a high flow cat. And a catback. I’d recommend going no louder than a turbo style muffler. Otherwise, you’ll start to get that ricer type sound. In my opinion.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
I second the Rock Auto recommendation.

Algae Killer

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks. I will check out Rockauto, I have heard good things but have never actually ordered anything from them. I definitely don't want it loud, a nice rumble at start up and idle would be neat but I don't need the next block over hearing me take off. We do have some mom n pop exhaust places around here that I might check out and see what they would charge me to do some welds if need be or get the old stuff off if I can't with my currently limited tools.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals