• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

F-250 Sport Trac?

F-Trac

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Boxing the frame doesn't completely help. The Explorer frame where the springs mount to is only .160" steel, while the '05 F-250 frame was .264" thick. So, you need to add the equivalent of an additional .104" (and 2 separate pieces of steel aren't same as one homogeneous one; I have no idea how to calculate the requirement).
Alright, talked to the metal supplier I can get 15ft langhts of 3×2×.25in for $1.50 a foot that should be thick enough for the goal? They didn't say they could get thicker wall, I can ask on my lunch later today(posting at breakfast at 5am).

The DMV will have to have proof of the mods. Before and after, videos reseats, research, this thread any anything else I can think of that gos with this build. They review all of it then have me bring the truck to the DMV, they'll have a Sheriff's deputy, automotive technician, welder and and the title person look in person. It can take a few weeks to months.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
The DMV will have to have proof of the mods. Before and after, videos reseats, research, this thread any anything else I can think of that gos with this build. They review all of it then have me bring the truck to the DMV, they'll have a Sheriff's deputy, automotive technician, welder and and the title person look in person. It can take a few weeks to months.
This is interesting.
Where are you located?
I hope you keep us updated as this info will be great to have on site for future.

stano316

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
This is interesting.

Where are you located?

I hope you keep us updated as this info will be great to have on site for future.

I'm in NY, Long Island.

Will definitely keep the updates coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F-Trac

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
It's like doing a salvage title to rebuilt title processes. It's going to be different then the last fue times I've done this. My last one was a 67 VW bug; AWD/5speed/TDI racer I sold. That processes took a month an half to get a new title made. So I think for the most part I'll be good the guys at the DMV will lest me know what I need to do to get it if I don't the first time.

Now I'm thinking 3 or 4 16ft stock to start. Full Box rails and I beem or square bar cross bars? I'm definitely going to square bar with plates for the 6.0 powerstroke/5r210 transmission.

Guys I'll put it on a different thread for the build this is more of a Q/A for me but I'll keep it purity close to this name wise.

cbr600rx7

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford and Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 360ci, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
No. And No.

You can not increase your vehicles GCWR. And yes the DOT can and will fine you in amounts that can exceed $12,500 per violation. If that doesn't discourage you then understand you could be liable for any accident you are involved In even if you are not the cause. Ask the CDL guys about personal injury attorneys and what they do after a accident. If they find you are over weight especially if it a excessive amount your going to be paying out of pocket for a long time or in jail.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals