Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Bulletins (Welcome, News/Announcements, Problems & Submissions) > Ford News & Ford Tech - Employee Forum

Notices

Ford News & Ford Tech - Employee Forum Includes feeds from Ford

Old 01-10-2019, 07:14 PM   #11
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Vehicle Year: 1987
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Making money and being broke.
adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to adsm08

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutronranger View Post
Why aren't 2001 Ford Rangers included in the Ford/Takata air bag recall?

I typed my VIN into this webpage and it said, "There are currently no field service actions listed for your vehicle."

https://owner.ford.com/service/frequ...r-recalls.html
Because your passenger airbag doesn't blow up in peoples' faces for no reason at all.

Project: Amazing Grace

Project: Cash 'N Carry

Project: 12-Volt Sandwich, project finished

Project: Birthday Present

I identify as an attack helicopter.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
adsm08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 01-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #12
neutronranger

Vehicle Year: 2001
Vehicle Model: Ranger
neutronranger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsm08 View Post
Because your passenger airbag doesn't blow up in peoples' faces for no reason at all.
\
Any idea what Ranger model years have the problem?
neutronranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:10 PM   #13
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

adsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond reputeadsm08 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutronranger View Post
\
Any idea what Ranger model years have the problem?
A quick Google search says 2004-06.

I like it when things catch fire and explode, which means I do not have your best interests in mind.
Old 01-11-2019, 05:22 PM   #14
19Walt93

Vehicle Year: 1993
I use this vehicle for: Work & pleasure
My credo: If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
19Walt93 is on a distinguished road

Before the recall Ford service manuals called the "inflator" they're replacing the "ignitor". Ignitor sounded too dangerous.
We has a "customer"( bought and serviced car elsewhere, came to us for warranty only) who was mad that his airbag light repair wasn't covered and we couldn't tell him that until we diaged it. There was a can of deodorant stuck under the passengers seat track preventing the occupant sensor from working. My point: look around before you spend money, sometimes it's worth it.
19Walt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 07:46 PM   #15
adsm08
Supporting Member

Asteroids Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19Walt93 View Post
Before the recall Ford service manuals called the "inflator" they're replacing the "ignitor". Ignitor sounded too dangerous.
We has a "customer"( bought and serviced car elsewhere, came to us for warranty only) who was mad that his airbag light repair wasn't covered and we couldn't tell him that until we diaged it. There was a can of deodorant stuck under the passengers seat track preventing the occupant sensor from working. My point: look around before you spend money, sometimes it's worth it.
I had one of those once. It was extremely intermittent and it took my 6 months to find the lipstick in the seat track.

Old 01-13-2019, 02:01 PM   #16
19Walt93

Vehicle Year: 1993
I use this vehicle for: Work & pleasure
My credo: If you don't have time to do it right will you have time to do it over?
19Walt93 is on a distinguished road

If your truck has this recall get it fixed. Some recalls are b/s, when Focus came out it 2000 we had a recall to replace the a pillar trim because the reinforcement ribs that kept them from warping didn't allow them to deflect enough in a crash. This one will kill you, the first documented Takata death was a Honda in 2001. The car was in a ditch with minimal damage, deployed airbags, and a dead driver. The slash on her neck had the cops investigating it as a murder until the autopsy found air bag fragments in her neck. Car makers have to announce recalls ASAP when they become aware of the problem, Honda-being the upstanding Japanese company they are, announced the recall in the fall of 2014 when the NHTSA held their feet to the fire. Ford or GM would have been crucified for delaying while people died.
19Walt93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #17
JackDW

Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle Model: Ranger - Edge
JackDW is on a distinguished road

My ranger was not included in the recall but has several other vehicles effected. Dropped off at the dealership and picked them back up later. Done. No cost to me and you couldn't see any difference.

If your Ranger (or other vehicle) is subject to this recall, get it fixed and be done with it. The life you save may be your own.
JackDW is offline   Reply With Quote