• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is there no video on removing this egr tube?

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Every time I search on here it either brings back results that I didn't search for, or dead threads where no one replied, and I can't find anything on Youtube. Is there a video on removing the EGR tube on this damn 97 4.0 so I can actually get this intake manifold off? Everything on Youtube is rednecks talking for 90% of the video then not showing how to actually do anything, or the wrong engine.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I just used some penetrating fluid on the tube and let it soak for 10 min while I fought with other items to come off. Wiggle it gently but with some force if you know what I’m saying. It’ll come out.. it’s in there a few inches.

Just did the lower manifold gasket on my 98 and had to fight with it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Or you could just unbolt the EGR valve from the intake.

avid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT 4.0 OHV 4wd
Transmission
Automatic
Every time I search on here it either brings back results that I didn't search for, or dead threads where no one replied, and I can't find anything on Youtube. Is there a video on removing the EGR tube on this damn 97 4.0 so I can actually get this intake manifold off? Everything on Youtube is rednecks talking for 90% of the video then not showing how to actually do anything, or the wrong engine.
We had a hell of a time removing mine as well (98 4.0). The thing you want to know is that on both ends (where the tube connects to the EGR and where the tube connects to the exhaust manifold) those are compression nuts that should spin freely around the tube. Mine were seized up pretty good but some penetrating oil and some heat broke them right loose. Be careful because the corners on those nuts round off pretty easily since they're so narrow.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals