• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

General Grabber AT2's

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Is anybody running them? If so, how many miles and whats your tread wear like? I'll mainly be using my truck on-road, but might haul the occaisional thing through a field or something.

So if you have them, what are your impressions?

97_4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I got them for my Chevy Avalanche, and I don't like them. I was sold ont he price/tread life warranty and the fact that they are severe weather rated, but now I understand why they are so cheap. I have had them balanced twice and an alignment done and I still get a vibration. It is really bad for the first 10 miles or so every day, making me come to the conclusion that they are flat spotting from sitting overnight. They are radials so I am note sure how this is happens but it does. Also they did affect my mpg ruducing it about 1 mpg.

They have very good traction in wet and really good in snow but if I did it again I would pic the pro comp a/t's or the bfg's even though they are almost double the price.

As for the lasting, even on the heavy Avalanche, I can't see any signs of wear.

Chris

AngloSaxon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I got them last year and have about 12k on them and they barely show any wear. I only had a problem with balancing one of them, but it never gave off any vibration and was never a problem. This is my first set of AT and for the price they are great. They don't clear very well, but I guess that's expected from a AT tire. I say if you want cheap good AT for a DD, than this a good tire to go with.

+ they look good too.

95XL

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
7.3L Diesel
Transmission
Automatic
Well, thanks for the opposing opinions. I've been reading other reviews about them and decided to buy them. So I'll see what happens...

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
So, do you like the tires? Good traction and wear?

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
I have them currently on my ranger. Got them In july and they see highway use at over 70Mph daily. The wear is virtually unnoticable. The traction is Awesome! A/T's dont typically do well in mud, but these things dig right through the slop and get you where you need to be. 8,000 miles and Mine look brand new still. The little "nipples" on them are still noticable, small, but definitely still there.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
different size tires wear differently, so if your comparing them to something, make sure they are the same size. i had bfg a/t's (235/75r15) my friend had 33x12.5r15, his wore out in about 40,000, mine lasted over 80,000

stockfornow

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i have them on the rear of my 89. awsome in the snow, great in mud, and good rain. only bad is that they don't last through burnouts:icon_twisted:

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
One thing I didnt mention though. These Tires at high speed, in the rain, DO NOT HYDROPLANE ONE BIT!!! If your driving around 70Mph on alot of wet road and look in your mirror, there will be 2 dry tracks behind you.

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
wow, thats good to hear, those are the tires im planning on getting this winter for my 99 4x4

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals