• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Snow, deep snow!

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
Last night here in NW Montana we had a Winter Storm Warning. We already had about 4 inches, and last night we got 11 more! The Chevrolet Snowplow that plows my neighborhood got stuck!!!:icon_rofl: Hardly any roads were plowed. AND WE STILL HAVE SCHOOL! Last night I was taking my girl home at about midnight and she lives way up in the side of a mountain. Up there at about that time there was 14" on the roads there. She thought I would have to wait at the bottom in the ranger and she would have to call and wake up her dad:icon_surprised: to pick her up at the bottom.

I just kept chuggin along and made it to about 15 feet from the house. Kiera Loves my little truck! It's primarily a street truck, but It blew my brain in the hills last night.

My sister lives in Barstow California and yesterday they closed the roads with one inch of snow that didnt even settle:icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

They had 4X4 emergency vehicles all over the Place, when I heard that they need 4 wheel drive in an inch of snow I dang near wet myself.
Sorry about the random thread, but Im bored, and excited about the snow!

97ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
haha yeh I have had my ranger pushing snow with the front fascia and would just keep cruising along. Also us Californians freak out when we see white stuff on the ground. Everyone owns suvs, but we dont know how to engage 4wd....

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
I've never seen 14" on a road before, though in Michigan we just keep driving lol. So I guess it just get's packed down, because we've gotten 11-14" before. Still alot of snow to deal with for a night. And being in the mountains would be insane, mine has issues on the relatively flat roads of Mi.

Good to hear it did good and got you around safely!

99RangerKrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
We're up to about six inches over in eastern Washington. In case you didn't know, mud tires are not recommended for compact snow haha. I have to idle down the street, even with the 2.9 the slightest touch of the gas pedal the ass end slides out

rangerbum

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l
Transmission
Manual
That's what surprised me. My A/T2's dont get me going on flat and Icy roads, but in this deep stuff, theyre chugging right along.

And as far as Californians not being able to engage 4X4, I work at hertz and virtually every four wheel drive Suv has returned in 4WD for about 3 weeks now, which is stupid because 3 weeks ago, there was about half an inch of snow on the ground, not any on the road lol. I think it's pretty funny actually.

(P.S. I'm not making fun of any of the members in Cali. I'm making fun of the hoity-toity old tourist Californians that think that in Montana, 4WD is a necessity all year around. It's not even a necessity in the winter if you have a little experience)

4x4mike2004

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.squirill
Transmission
Automatic
:icon_rofl: before my doployment we were training at Fort Brag, North Carolina. The one day it snowed about an inch and they canceled the schools. we were talking to some of the other guys and they were saying how much snow there is. We laughed at them and told them up here it dosent count as a snow storm untill there is at least 6 inches plus.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals