• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone have a spare fuel rail stud?

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I am continuing my quest of fixing this stinkin' truck and the very front fuel rail stud had some lightly boogered up parts that the E7 socket latches on to. I was able to get it to break loose with the E7 socket and some light work with the vice grips to get it loose enough to spin out, but I'm just not sure the tip of the stud is going to take getting torqued down with the socket so I'm curious if anyone had a spare? I know they're discontinued so I'm kinda SOL with going to the dealer. Maybe Dorman or HELP makes an identical stud?

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well I got it torqued to half the spec for the first round but for round 2 to final torque specs, it just started rounding it off. I was able to see about how much it turned on the other studs to get them to final torque, so I roughly duplicated that with the vice grips...but I may still want a couple spares in case I did something wrong and have to get back down in there.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Can you show a pic of the stud so I know what to look for? If it's not big I can mail it on your dime {I'm in Canada}.

Matt300ZXT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have any photos handy, but if you have the 4.0 OHV motor then it's the 6 studs with nuts holding the plastic upper intake down to the lower intake. They have E7 reverse torx tips on them since you have to have an E7 socket to remove them, because they also hold the fuel rail down to the lower intake manifold.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I can’t remember the thread pitch or length off the top of my head but you may be able to get some other stud. It doesn’t need to be an external torx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoranger

Professional money waster
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
RBV's on Boost
ASE Certified Tech
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'79,'94,'02,'23
Make / Model
All Fords
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My credo
I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
I have a few lower intakes sitting around. Let me see if I can get one out tomorrow.

avid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
XLT 4.0 OHV 4wd
Transmission
Automatic
If you have an auto parts yard nearby you can pick one of those up yourself for $0.25. I doubt you'll find an aftermarket stud that fits. I couldn't locate aftermarket exhaust manifold studs and those are a more common replacement. Dealership wanted $12/each IIRC for OEM exhaust studs- probably similar for those fuel rail studs if they're even available.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals