• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

egr tube, new manifold... need tube fitment info

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
hey guys, i noticed that my header was cracked, its the cast manifold for the 2.5l 98' so i decided to grab a better one from the junkers, found a few that had the older style tubular manifold that i believe is OEM SS so i grabbed it and its soaking in some evapo-rust right now and is looking better by the hour.. heres my issue, when i went to take the old manifold off, the bottom of the egr tube crumbled "not a big surprise" i went to the wreckers and found a few that were amazing looking except rotten an inch from the manifold so no good. i also noticed that the tube i have currently has 2 vacuum fittings on it, and the ones at the wreckers didn't. I have decided to go brand new for the tube, and its 80$ from the dealer. now what should i order one that is specific to my make / model and it should bolt to the older style exhaust manifold or do i have to get a completely different tube? im assuming that i just get a replacement for my year and it will bolt into the tubular exhaust manifold. i just wanna make sure before i order an 80$ part that i prolly wont be able to return..

sorry for the rambling and typo's just got of work and im in a rush

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
:icon_confused: BUMP! i gotta get this bad boy going for may 24 weekend... any help would be appreciated :headbang: i was going to do a mock up tonight with the new header and old egr valve and tube, but didn't get a chance to work on it tonight.

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
:icon_confused: BUMP! i gotta get this bad boy going for may 24 weekend... any help would be appreciated :headbang: i was going to do a mock up tonight with the new header and old egr valve and tube, but didn't get a chance to work on it tonight.
If you need one i have the EGR Tube with two vac.

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
what are you looking for the egr tube? and hows the bottom connector? still solid?

ronclark

Supporting Member
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
95 4.0 with 93 ECU
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Tire Size
what are you looking for the egr tube? and hows the bottom connector? still solid?
make a offer, not sure what its worth.

it seems to be solid, i have it removed from the manifold, it still has the nut/manifold adapter and egr on it, i have not tried to break it lose.
its a left over from replacing motors.

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
well i know they are 80$ brand new from the dealer, and it takes 1 day for them to get it, so im gunna put a little more cash out there and grab the one from the dealer< like i said im trying to get this thing ready for may 24 weekend, so the faster i can get parts the better, but thank you very much for the offer and to take time out of your day to try and help out a fellow TRS'er... cheers!

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
i have ordered the stock one from the dealer, should be here tomorrow morning. ill do a mock up tonight of the new header, and the old egr set up, to make sure everything lines up. I cant see a problem with everything lining up, just the difference in tubes. one having the 2 vacuum tubes and the other not, im not sure but i think the connecting nut on the top and bottom of the tube is different size between years. the one at the wreckers had a different intake manifold and a different egr valve, im assuming it was a 2.3l instead of the 2.5l. i will check these out and post some specifics. i dunno if its just me but it seems like the search function in this forum is really picky, and if you dont put in the right combo of words in, you'll be reading all day to find what info your lookin for. any tips on the search function?

fairman86

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
mazda
Transmission
Manual
alright, so the old 2.3l manifold does bolt right up to the 98 2.5l without any issues, it does use longer exhaust bolts i used 8 - m10x1.5x60mm bolts for the manifold and 2 more for the flange. worked amazing and looks great. the stock egr tube bolts right up aswell, so all in all it was a great swap.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals