• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2wd skid plate

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Anybody got a idea where I can find a bolt on skid plate for my 99 2wd Ranger? I have searched 'till I was blue in the face from holding my breath for hours at a time. I have wanted one for several years now and there are not too many welders in my area. Mostly mouth breathers when I go see them. 'Shuk fire Mr. ....I can weld this here rain barrel up to your front receiver thingy and trim the roundness away'. .....Yea, not my cup of tea if you get my drift.

Straycat

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
probably going to be hard to find one made to fit that isnt a custom. theyre not hard to make, if you had access to a tube bender and an angle grinder you could make it bolt together so there is minimal welding required. heres a link to mine that i built, it might be a little over kill, but will give you an idea of how to make it.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37621&page=12

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Darn!! You are right...that is some work you did!! Wow!! Thanks for giving me an idea....I might just get some stuff at Ace Hardware (saw a bunch of metal stuff and some heavy duty brackets to put something together and have it welded up. Maybe it will work...can't hurt to try.

Straycat

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
hmmm....thats a good idea, and for offroad: thats a hell of a work!, i might try this someday lol

Natedog

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Manual
probably going to be hard to find one made to fit that isnt a custom. theyre not hard to make, if you had access to a tube bender and an angle grinder you could make it bolt together so there is minimal welding required. heres a link to mine that i built, it might be a little over kill, but will give you an idea of how to make it.
http://www.therangerstation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37621&page=12
Best front Ranger skidplate I've ever seen! :icon_thumby: CLean, heavy duty, tucked up as far out of the way as possibble, great job! :beer::icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals