• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone running rockford or sony subs!

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
Anyone running a sony or rockford sub in the ranger or subs.If so what kind and what amp.How do they sound and hit.And some info on your set up with pics if possible.Looking at putting 1 12" in my supercab and either going with a sony set up to match my head unit or a rockford sub/amp combo.Thanks!

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
can i ask why you have desided to limit your self on one of thoes two subs....if its just so all the name brands match you need to come up with a better reason

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
Well i am open to any brands.But i have always liked rockford and have ran alot of there products over the years and i like the way the sony subs look.Also i can get a few of these two used right now for a great price.But i am open to anything.I am kind of old school and i am not really up to par on all the new brands that have came up within the last 5 years or so.
can i ask why you have desided to limit your self on one of thoes two subs....if its just so all the name brands match you need to come up with a better reason

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well first dont buy drivers used! you never know what your going to get, its just my 2 cents and a few others but RF fell off the map, they were "IT" in the early 90's but have not kept up. and sony subs have always been the bottom of okkkkkk for me any way, if your looking for entry level good stuff or the "best bang for the buck" id look into kicker, eclipse, some aplines might be in your ball park, alot of people like mb quarts i dont really, but there all in the same group.

as far as amps go again use the names mentioned above, and alot of manufacturers, make one good thing but not another, like a poineer or sony (non explode) HU is ok in my book if your looking for something base line and cheep. but thats the only thing "I" my self would use. but its your $$$ and we can help even if we dont like what your picking from we will tell you the best of what you can afford

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
Well i can get a p3 sub from a local guy that is new in the box.Never used for like 70.

littleme13

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
p3's are ok subs but i have a buddy who just pulled his out just to put his 7 year old hx2's back in. ive found that anything entry level isnt worth the money. one higher end that cost the same as 2 entry level subs will usually sound better and hit harder if in the proper box with correct amp. i had two 1000 watt explodes before i realized they sucked. switched to 2 mid level audiobahn and they sucked and was no where near loud enough for me. what i ended up with was a lot more money then i originally wanted to spend but it was just right for what i wanted.

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
I already have a factory p2 ported box.So i could get a p2 or p3 and put it in the box for a perfect match.Also how are the pioneer premier champion series subs.I heard some good things about these on another forum.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
that poineer needs 1000w rms thats some reall $$$ for that amp. and the p3 12 inch needs 500 w rms why spend that kinda money for entry level stuff and that p3 thats never been ran msrp is $300 why is he getting ride of it and a box for $70,

im sorry i dont see spending that kinda money on something that wont last or isnt good quality

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure.Just because they retail for 300 does not mean he paid that.I can get them brand new for about 115 each for a 12" p3 sub.
that poineer needs 1000w rms thats some reall $$$ for that amp. and the p3 12 inch needs 500 w rms why spend that kinda money for entry level stuff and that p3 thats never been ran msrp is $300 why is he getting ride of it and a box for $70,

im sorry i dont see spending that kinda money on something that wont last or isnt good quality

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I am not sure.Just because they retail for 300 does not mean he paid that.I can get them brand new for about 115 each for a 12" p3 sub.
lol there are a few of us that are car audio dealers, DB racers and Bass heads,
iv been doing this for 9 years, i know he didnt pay 300 bucks for it. but even if its 115+ 50 for the box 165 total. 70 bucks is only 42% he not making any money, and i ask whyyyyyy is he willing to take a 56% loss on something, unless he wants to wash his hands of it. but you do what you think is best, but you can get a 12" kicker in a box for 150 save 15 bucks and have a better quality sub.

just trying to help not attack you,

and your face is not that pretty for a 50% discount, only your momma thinks your that cute

Last edited:

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
Oh i know you are trying to help and it is just the sub in the box in came in with the paper work.Not a actual speaker box.I would half to put the speaker in my own box that i already have.And what kind of kicker sub are you talking about? i already had a l7 and got rid of it a couple months ago.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
ctv there flat one, the L7 are good but they take alot of power and arnt very well rounded as far and multitasking, they can hit like no tom but i dont think there very pratical in the way softer tones and fuller music, its like trying to shoot the wings off a fly with a howister its not gonna happen

triggerfreak

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2001 Ford Range
Transmission
Automatic
Are you talking about there shallow sub.How is there regular comp or the vr comp.I have room for about a 2.5 cubic foot box with out a problem.I will look into them also.
ctv there flat one, the L7 are good but they take alot of power and arnt very well rounded as far and multitasking, they can hit like no tom but i dont think there very pratical in the way softer tones and fuller music, its like trying to shoot the wings off a fly with a howister its not gonna happen

Last edited:

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Are you talking about there shallow sub.How is there regular comp or the vr comp.I have room for about a 2.5 cubic foot box with out a problem.I will look into them also.

all three are good but i used flat ones when can to save space, but they all work.

big fan of aurasound
iv always like the sound of an alum cone idk why

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals