• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Spring just around the corner

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
And probably bugs. Big Bugs. Bugs that can carry your chihuahua away to dine on later. And the prehistoric reptiles and snakes. I'll take 3 and a half seasons of winter, thanks.

Ranger850

Doesn't get Sarcasm . . .
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Born with a 3.0, looking for a donor V8
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Doing things wrong, until I get it right.
Bugs aren't really a big deal. Things eat the bugs, then those things get eaten, so on and so on. Our ecosystem doesn't get a winter break. Nothing hibernates down here, not even the bears.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
And probably bugs. Big Bugs. Bugs that can carry your chihuahua away to dine on later. And the prehistoric reptiles and snakes. I'll take 3 and a half seasons of winter, thanks.
Same here, not as bad as up there but I haven't seen a skeeter for months :yahoo:

I did move a tractor out of the way last night so I have more room for snow storage though. Chains are on the snow pushin' tractor and ready for the 9-10" they are talking about for tonight... and the 4" for Saturday... and 5" for Monday. Its like it never ends...

Last edited:

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Bugs aren't really a big deal. Things eat the bugs, then those things get eaten, so on and so on. Our ecosystem doesn't get a winter break. Nothing hibernates down here, not even the bears.
Somehow that doesn't make me feel better.....

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Canada's four seasons according to adsm08.....too true!
Today I'm outside about to change carbs on an 87 b2600. The last 2 days I gave my snowplow a workout. Today the weather is supposed to warm up to -5C. The last two weeks its been between -38C and -20C.
At -38C you are in the season known as Less Snow, because it's too cold for snow.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Before I became a mechanic, I was a truck driver. For most of the time during that career I stayed between NB and AB however the last year I did it I decided to go cross border. I went up and down the entire eastern seaboard. The first time I saw a sign saying “don’t feed the snakes or gators” I decided that Canada wasn’t so bad at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Yesterday I got to play the fun game of "get the wifes car somewhere off the road and out of the way until I can plow the driveway"

Gotta say, I got close 3 times but I never go it stuck. As seen backing up for another run, you can see how bad it was dragging. Driveway had 1-2" of snow on yesterday morning... but it drifted in throughout the day.

91stranger

Reaction score
Whats round on the sides and hi in the middle-OHIO
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
4.2 straight six powered by gremlins, goblins and mudbloods.
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I live in Ohio and the weather here is ridiculous. Yesterday morning we got 4-6 inches overnight. The plow trucks were told not to plow at all because the high temp for yesterday (same) was 40's so they knew it would melt by noon. It was an awful drive to work in the one wheelie peelie ranger with bald snow tires. I did buy some better snow tires with 6/32nds and studs yesterday from the pick n pull for $32 each. Putting those on today. I'll get a pic to show the before and after of the tires. Back to the weather.... We go from -30 (with wind chill) one day to 40-50's the next day. It's a well known fact that in Ohio half the year you have your heater on in the morning and the AC on during the day lol.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ohio does have some strange weather! Been through there often.

6/32 tires we scrap them here at work lol.

I used to have fun in a 2 wheel drive mini truck in the winter. Got stuck once (17 yrs old), got mad and went to the Canadian Tire and bought 80/90 and silicone. Did a Lincoln locker. That made things mucccch scarier haha.

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Before I became a mechanic, I was a truck driver. For most of the time during that career I stayed between NB and AB however the last year I did it I decided to go cross border. I went up and down the entire eastern seaboard. The first time I saw a sign saying “don’t feed the snakes or gators” I decided that Canada wasn’t so bad at all!

Because nobody has ever died at the hands or hooves of wild life in Canada ey?

at least snakes and gators look like they can kill you. I never have to worry about a moose attacking me (sarcasm) In reality you're more likely to get mauled by a wolf or bear than a moose anyways, and most snakebites aren't lethal because there is always a hospital close by.
Edit: if you have to have a sign to tell you to NOT feed wild animals you deserve whatever you get:icon_rofl:

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Because nobody has ever died at the hands or hooves of wild life in Canada ey?

at least snakes and gators look like they can kill you. I never have to worry about a moose attacking me (sarcasm) In reality you're more likely to get mauled by a wolf or bear than a moose anyways, and most snakebites aren't lethal because there is always a hospital close by.
Edit: if you have to have a sign to tell you to NOT feed wild animals you deserve whatever you get:icon_rofl:
Actually I think moose attacks are pretty high when compared to wolf and bear attacks. People think moose are like horses and just walk around grazing but they can be VERY territorial and will charge and stomp and have been known to do some real damage to people. I wouldn't want ran over by a 1000+ pound bull moose with a 7 foot wide rack. But yeah, I agree, if you need a sign to tell you not to feed the gators then that means it's happened enough times they had to make a damn sign to tell people how dumb they can be. I'm sure 80-90 percent of the gator's being fed are from tourists. Thank god we don't have tourists in Ohio,,, at least where I live. Not many people come to see the amish buggy's going down the road. Some people do but not many.

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Hah! Canada definitely has some mean animals in the bush. I’m from eastern Canada so the bears around here can get ugly but not nearly as bad as out west (grizzlys). That sign I saw was in South Carolina I believe. I didn’t realize that gators were that far up north lol. I’ve never seen any other than TV.

Back to the weather. Spring does need to show up. Tired of cleaning off my ranger (I don’t drive it much in the winter). Want to get back to using the ranger to tow our boat and to do some hunting!

91stranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Gets Mo Chicks
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Here's the tires I put on yesterday. They have about twice as much tread as what I was using. I couldn't believe how bald these tires were in the middle. I know they were over inflated before I got them. I normally run around 30-33 psi and drop down to 20 if the roads are bad. I know some people think a tire with 6/32nds is junk but these are my winter wheels so they are only used half the year. Plus I don't buy new tires.... I haven't bought a NEW tire in about 10 years or so lol. I just buy used bc they are cheaper and Milliron normally has tires with 6-9/32nds for 20-30 bucks. So why buy new tires when I can buy almost new used ones for the price of one new one?

Attachments

Ranger850

TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Stock 2"
Tire Size
Stock
My credo
Actually I think moose attacks are pretty high when compared to wolf and bear attacks. People think moose are like horses and just walk around grazing but they can be VERY territorial and will charge and stomp and have been known to do some real damage to people. I wouldn't want ran over by a 1000+ pound bull moose with a 7 foot wide rack. But yeah, I agree, if you need a sign to tell you not to feed the gators then that means it's happened enough times they had to make a damn sign to tell people how dumb they can be. I'm sure 80-90 percent of the gator's being fed are from tourists. Thank god we don't have tourists in Ohio,,, at least where I live. Not many people come to see the amish buggy's going down the road. Some people do but not many.
I looked before I posted, 1 person a year dies from a moose attack. That's not counting automobile accidents with them, just attacks. Had to have my facts straight :icon_thumby:

Macneil87

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Nothing wrong with buying used tires for that price. If they get you by for a couple of months it’s worth it for sure. We have a tire machine here and when tires get to 6/32 we scrap them just because not everyone is comfortable driving in the winters we have. Companies have policies for silly things some times and I don’t think that’s a silly one. I have used a few of those “scrap” tires on my truck a few times.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals