Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Styling & Electrical > Misc Electrical & Gauges

Notices

Misc Electrical & Gauges Post your speedometer, gauges, interior and non audio/video questions here.

Old 02-13-2019, 02:59 AM   #1
Glemon

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
Glemon is on a distinguished road
Default Rear ground/Turn Signal Issue 97 Ranger 2.3 2WD

After a fun left front leaf spring bracket replacement my turn signal went wonky. They work normally when there are no other lights on, but if I hit the brakes or turn the park or headlights on it flashes faster and sort of through all the park lights instead of just one side. I suspect a ground or flasher issue. The rear half of the truck is a little corroded, so I want to start there. I have a factory book, two books actually, it is not much help, nor is a visual of the wires as they route forward. Can anyone point me in the general vicinity it would be greatly appreciated.
Glemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 02-16-2019, 12:14 AM   #2
Glemon

Bueller? Bueller? Sorry to bump my own post, I have tried to do my homework, factory manual says rear lights go to common ground, but no indication where. Poked around underneath, googled repeatedly, couldn't find anything.
Old 02-16-2019, 08:17 AM   #3
ericbphoto
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 1993
Vehicle Model: Ranger, 4X4, "Splash"
I use this vehicle for: around farm, around town, trail riding, rock crawling
My credo: In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are different.
ericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really niceericbphoto is just really nice

Been a while since I've messed around with that wiring. I seem to remember it might be on the top side of that crossmember at the back of the frame. Could be wrong. But once you get there, just follow the wiring around. It's close.

This message composed solely of recycled electrons. Go green!
Old 02-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
Glemon

Thanks, I will take a look, that makes sense, haven't seen much back there except plastic clips for the wiring harness, but will keep poking around. Or I might just tap in to a black wire and create a new one.

Last edited by Glemon; 02-18-2019 at 11:36 AM.