Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > Rare Ranger's & Bronco II's

Notices

Rare Ranger's & Bronco II's Ranger GT's, FX4, High Rider, Skyranger, Sherrod Bronco II's, etc.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:41 AM   #41
snoranger
Supporting Member

Tetris Champion

Vehicle Year: '79,'94,'02,'17
Vehicle Make: All Fords
Vehicle Model: f350 Supercab, Cobra, Ranger, F150
I use this vehicle for: I dont use it, its STILL at the body shop
My credo: I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo91xlt View Post
I'd be interested in the tube bumpers/grille guard if they aren't rusted out. My '91 STX had them from the factory per the window sticker but were removed by the previous owner due to rust... I still have the factory Roll/Rallye bar though haha but its missing the lights
Sorry, I junked them. After I posted that I had to go check. I crushed one of the tubes by hand it was so rotted... into the scrap bin they went.
Ranger bed trailer build

Follow my 3 month ordeal getting parts from ford for my 2017 F150 on twitter @kevin46843488

ASE Auto and Med/Heavy Truck Master Tech.
snoranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 02-15-2019, 03:20 PM   #42
Shran
Junk Collector

Shran has a spectacular aura aboutShran has a spectacular aura aboutShran has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo91xlt View Post
Few things:

Unless the truck was mint/clean original, I doubt (as much as I don't want to because I'm a huge fan of them also) a High Rider STX is worth much more than any other 4wd to 99.99% of the population. It's just a cool oddity.

2nd, on the crossmembers what I have noticed (excluding the early 1st gen stuff) most rangers (pretty much all 4 cyl & majority of 2.9/3.0) from the mid-late '80s to late '90s have the bushing style trans crossmembers. The solid mount "L" style crossmember is always found in 4.0l RBVs. I've replaced the bushed crossmember with the "L" style crossmember in every one of my trucks as its a much better design (no bolts seized forever in the bushings...)

3rd: RBV frames starting in '92 (yes starting with the last year of the 2nd gen) are boxed/crumple zone design all the way to the engine crossmember. Basically '83-'88 are identical, '89-'91 are identical, & '92-'97 frames are identical.

Although the fixed yoke 1350 transfer case is very rare, it doesn't have as much value as a 1354 (especially a manual).

I've personally removed a set of the factory lift brackets/springs/pitman arm from an extended cab '89 STX in the junkyard and installed them on my '91 2.3t 4x4 swb truck.

On a side note, if you're interested in selling the front sway bar from the truck I'd love to have it for my '88 GT.
I haven't done anything else with it yet but I have all but decided to go with my original plan. I am fairly convinced that it has a cracked head - it was over a gallon low on coolant, the exhaust has "that smell" and there's some snot in the oil fill cap. No coolant in the oil, though, oddly. So I am going to 4.0 swap it and use an M5OD and manual 1354 I have laying around.

I really have no intention of using the 1350. It's cool that it's got fixed yokes but I'd rather have a manual shift case. Probably will just keep it as a souvenir or something...

Thought I had a line on a factory light bar but the guy ended up flaking out, as he has before. I just can't believe people. Couple years ago I was parting out a truck and he wanted me to bring it to his house and leave it there while he took what he wanted off it. Was I supposed to do that and pray I got the rest back or something? It was so weird that I saved his number and he has since texted me with other weird trade offers too.
2007 F250 4x4 V10
1992 Explorer 4 door expedition rig
1994 Explorer 2 door future offroad racer maybe?
1988 Ranger High Rider - info thread here
Shran is offline   Reply With Quote