Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Help Forums - Axles, Brakes, Wheels & Tires > Brakes

Notices

Old 02-13-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
MikeShepard505

Vehicle Year: 2000
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
MikeShepard505 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Ford Ranger front brakes

Hello!
Bought this 2000 Ford Ranger super cab xlt, has a 3.0 v6, 10inch rear drums, 4wheel abs, and a front coil suspension. I currently need to replace the rotors, brake pads, and calipers at the front. BUT. Everywhere I’m looking for a set of the calipers, pads, and rotors together they say it’s only for the “front torsion bar suspension” but since ford decided to make millions of configurations for this truck I can’t determine what parts are going to fit my trucks front brakes for its suspension, so does anybody have a clue if the rotors, calipers, and brake pads are exactly the same between the front torsion bar suspension and front coil spring suspension for my year ranger?

Any advice would be appreciated!
MikeShepard505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 02-14-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
gw33gp

Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4
I use this vehicle for: Daily driver, towing & off-road
gw33gp will become famous soon enough

First, this thread should not be in the 2019 Ranger section. There is a brake section that should get more response to your question.

The 4WD and 2WD front rotors are different. There is an exception to this with the Edge model but you have coil suspension and don't need to be concerned about that. I don't know if the calipers and pads are different between 4WD and 2WD. Your best approach is to look for a brake system for 2WD. You do not indicate it is 2WD but 4WD does not come from the factory with coil suspension.
2002 FX4 - 4.0 SOHC, 5 spd manual transmission & transfer case, 32" ProComp MTs, K&N air filter, Modified air box inlet, Gibson SS cat. back exhaust, Bama flash, Hidden Hitch round receiver, Rear helper air springs, electric trailer brake controller, Line-X bed liner, WAAG bar with KC lights and Wildernest shell.
gw33gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 01:12 PM   #3
Mac
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 2003 2000 199
Vehicle Model: Ranger FX4 Level 2
I use this vehicle for: Beater
Mac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond reputeMac has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised that there are few kits available for your combination at Rock Auto but found this one. https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...446377&jsn=603
Dave
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 06:36 PM   #4
BeeCee

Vehicle Year: 1997
Vehicle Model: Ranger XLT
I use this vehicle for: Daily Beater
BeeCee is on a distinguished road

Something that I do from time to time if need part verification is simply look at the existing setup, in this case probably take wheel off etc., and then look at part pictures on RockAuto.com and/or autozone.com. You can always look at different years, trim levels, 2WDvs4WD, etc. and sometimes if there are multiple variations for same trim from factory it will prompt you to choose your setup, in which case you could choose both and compare. Don't think it's ever let me down. And you can obviously do this with other parts other than just brakes.

1997 Ranger 5spd, Daily Beater.
BeeCee is offline   Reply With Quote