Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Old 02-13-2019, 10:52 PM   #1
werewolf

Vehicle Year: 2002 & 1999 & 1
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: 02 daley driver & 99 & 87 play
My credo: take life day by day
werewolf is on a distinguished road
Question Serial / number

1978 ford bronco, serial number tag is missing off door. Been sitting in storage for around 10 years. Having problems coming up with a title for it. Does ford put the serial number anywhere else on the body or on the frame. The guy i got it from don't know anything about it. Thanks
werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 02-13-2019, 10:59 PM   #2
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

Vehicle Year: '91, '94, '80
Vehicle Make: Ford, GMC
Vehicle Model: Ranger, Ranger, Grumman Kurbmaster
I use this vehicle for: 4x4 race, 4x4, Work
alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Look thru the windshield drivers side at the base of the dash. Should be a metal tag with the vin.
Old 02-13-2019, 11:44 PM   #3
snoranger
Supporting Member

Tetris Champion

Vehicle Year: '79,'94,'02,'17
Vehicle Make: All Fords
Vehicle Model: f350 Supercab, Cobra, Ranger, F150
I use this vehicle for: I dont use it, its STILL at the body shop
My credo: I didn't ask for your life story, just answer the question!
snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

The '78 would have it stamped into the passenger frame rail right in front of the engine crossmember. I'm pretty sure it was on the top flange. It's only 11 digits.

They didn't put the vin in the dash/windshield until 1980.
Ranger bed trailer build

Follow my 3 month ordeal getting parts from ford for my 2017 F150 on twitter @kevin46843488

ASE Auto and Med/Heavy Truck Master Tech.
snoranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 12:01 AM   #4
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

alwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud ofalwaysFlOoReD has much to be proud of

Thanks for the clarification.
Old 02-14-2019, 12:04 AM   #5
snoranger
Supporting Member

Tetris Champion

snoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond reputesnoranger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysFlOoReD View Post
Thanks for the clarification.
'78/79 is my favorite body style truck. I may actually know more about them then I know about Rangers.
Ranger bed trailer build

Follow my 3 month ordeal getting parts from ford for my 2017 F150 on twitter @kevin46843488

Old 02-14-2019, 12:08 AM   #6
alwaysFlOoReD
Super Moderator

I have a 77 but don't know much. I freshened up a 460 and swapped into my buddies 78 f250 400ci 4x4. That turned out really good. Custom motor mounts and different rad. Used stock exhaust but aluminum intake and demon carb. Couldn't find decent price on headers.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:04 AM   #7
snoranger
Supporting Member

Tetris Champion

I have a '79 F350 supercab. My grandfather bought it new. I got it as my first vehicle in '95, then sold it in '97. In 2017, I found it on Craigslist. (Yes, I still had an old registration to check the VIN and one of the original keys.) I bought it for what I sold it for 20 years earlier. Now it's getting a full resto... 4x4 swap w/ '05+ Superduty coil suspension, worked Cummings 4BT, ZF5, US Gear overdrive unit, etc.
Ranger bed trailer build

Old 02-14-2019, 05:37 PM   #8
werewolf

Vehicle Year: 2002 & 1999 & 1
Vehicle Make: ford
Vehicle Model: ranger
I use this vehicle for: 02 daley driver & 99 & 87 play
My credo: take life day by day
werewolf is on a distinguished road
Talking Thanks

Thanks guys for the info. I went cleaning and i finally found it. It's not at the front of my 78 bronco not. To help someone else i found my serial number between the fire wall and the back of the shock tire. All most in the center of the two. Thanks again P.S. on the right hand side
werewolf is offline   Reply With Quote