• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Good cheap way to make my Ranger sound good?

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was gonna bring it to a hotrod custom exhaust shop and have them put Headman header on it dual all the way back 2 cats, and all. True duals. That would been pretty pricey though, and from what people tell me headers on a stock motor won't do much? I just wanna make it sound decent. I want the deep rumble noise not the ricer noise. I'm thinking a Flowmaster 40. What you guys recomend? A cat back system?

04edge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Transmission
Manual
just make sure you go with the 40 original - not the delta flow--around here i can get custom duals bent for right around 200+about 80 for the flowmaster--not really cheap but you can't beat the sound!!:drool:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
headers on a stock motor won't do much
the rest of that sentence is "for performance.". headers WILL increase sound output and change the exhaust note.

i got my true duals done with aluminized pipe and 2 glasspacks for $200. the headers would by far be the most expensive part of the system.

lots of guys like the way flowmasters sound, but for me, nothing beats true duals. if you do get duals, make sure you get and equalizer and dont go larger then 2".

01FordRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
my flowmaster 40 lets out just before the rear axle. its a nice rumble as it resignates under the bed of the truck

jmzneal

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1994 and 2007
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
try the delta 50's if you have a small engine b/c the 40's give you more of a bumble bee buzz like a ricer.

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I got a 4.0 in it.

Butch2112

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Flowmaster

I bought a cat back system. With the flowmaster 40 and it was the best and easiest mod I ever did on the truck. It sounds great and the hardest part about putting it on was getting the old muffler off. It uses stock hangers and everything. Really was surprised at how easy and well it fit. And I love the sound. :yahoo:

King Crush

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My ranger is getting an alignment right now. They said my caster on the right side was way to far out, so they have to shim it. Me and my dad got the tow close. So it's gonna cost $100 to get it aligned. Also I'm bringing it to the exhaust shop to have 'em do a cat back system with a Flowmaster 40. :cool:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals