• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2 shallow 10s on a 600 watt amp?

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
would my pioneer 600 watt amp be enuf for 2 shallow 10 inch subs and would it be more bass then my regaular 10 that i have now if i build the box right? it just distorts when i turn it up to much and i cant keep it there too long cuz i can smell it haha what would be 2 good subs that i wont fry

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
it depends on the wattage ratings on your subwoofers, how you wire them, the box, the wiring, where they're located, so many factors that there will never be a definite yes or no.

CAN 600w be enough for (2) 10's? yes, from cheap ones up to decent ones. competition subs? no way.

it all depends on what you bought... if you post up links to the subwoofer, the amp, and how you plan on wiring them, then we can give you a yes or no to if it is a good enough amp.

with (2) 10's, you have more cone area than (1) 10, so we'd all like to hope that you have a better sound, however that is purely opinionated, and will depend on if you like it or not.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
x2

i love when i dont have to type all that out.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Amplifiers/GMSeries/GM-6400F thats the amp i have i think its the newer one but same wattage and stuff..and this is the sub/s http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/Shallow/TS-SW2501S2|S4 im not sure if that would be a good sub but for the price it must be would there be something cheaper but still as good or should i stick with whats good

that amp is only putting out half of what the needed RMS for those subs.

ForOffRoadDriving

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8 v6
Transmission
Manual
would something like that be better then the sub i have now i cant find it on the pioneer site in the older models but this one it the 12inch version of it http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/CarAudioVideo/Subwoofers/Champion/TS-W302R im not good at math at all!! so air space in a box is not easy for me lol and i graduated high school i guess i didnt learn much the box i have for my 10" is made of 3/4 " mdf kinda thick. and its just big enuf to put the sub in not wide at all here it is its ported with a piece of 1"1/2 thin pvc
and heres the amp
. what could i do to make this set up better?

baxtej44

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Automatic
you either need to downgrade on the sub, or upgrade the amp.

you're underpowering the subs you mentioned earlier, and that is worse than overpowering them.

4x4fun

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
really?
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
well using 3/4 inch MDf is correct. any the .5 inch stuff can warp on you and be blown out if you start to beat on it. so you rright there.

i need the dimentions on your box to see if it ok.

you like the sound of ported????

i need to know your modle number on your sub but. to be ported right you need around .9 CF wiht a 3'' port with a 3.5 '' lenth

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals