• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tire Review

sr975j

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just wondering. I probably wont really need tires for another 15-20k but what tires have you guys had good luck with, mainly all terrain tires. Which tires have the best traction/longevity ratio? I do have a 2wd so i like a little more aggressive all terrain.
I am currently using Primewell PA100's on my truck. I know they are a cheap off brand but im on a college budget and i think the tread design is great looking. Ive had great luck with them so far after about 10k miles on them, they are still atleast 70% tread.
So what do you guys like?

Sam

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I have a set of Firestone Destination AT. Havent got to use them yet though as I am needing to re gear first. My brother had them though and he said they were great. They are always rated number 1 or number 2 on tirerack and arent as expensive as a lot of the others like the BFG ones

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well... i would just wait and ask a few years later when you do need tires. . Tire technology changes sooo much that by then your Primewells could be a leader in tire technology (highly unlikely but it could happen). Fire stones may be good now but in two years Mickey thompsons could take it or pro comp or something.

BeaterMan

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8, 4.6, 5.0
Transmission
Manual
ive had so many different tires and each time i get new ones i get a different brand just to see what they have to offer. I had a set of bfg at's that i put on when i was in highschool and just got rid of them a month ago and they had around 60k on them with alot of offroading, peelouts and towing junk. They were an awsome tire i must say. This time around i picked up a set of kelly safari msr tires all brand new for 270 out the door. The tread is insanely deep and suprisingly doesn't make alot of highway noise. i've only put maybe 3k on them and i'm already impressed.

Nosetackle63

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 Vulcan
Transmission
Automatic
BFG Mud-Terrains.
Save the money, it will be well worth it.
By far the most reliable tire I have ever come across.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals