• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Wiring

bpursey26

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
So it's been about two years since I did my B2 4.0 swap. My B2 is a 90 and I put the 4.0 in out of a 91 explorer I swapped the whole wiring harness out of the explorer and removed the one from my B2. Where I am getting stuck here is there are two wires under the fuse box under the hood one is a black wire and the the other is black with a white stripe. Where in the hell do these go again I can't remember for the life of me and after looking at the wiring schematic I just can't put it all together guess it's been that long since I've worked on it. Thanks in advance really wanna take her out to play almost seems as they where grounds or maybe one was but that's why in on here cause I'm shooting blanks

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I suspect grounds too. Can you post a pic?

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Sorry Ron, in this case they are both grounds. One is for the PCM relay, the other is for sensors and the computer itself.

I know the two wires very well because every time I mock up a 4.0 engine harness to check function out of the body I have to go finding those two wires and clip them in a pair of vice grips so my test leads have something to grab. Even still I usually get it once or twice in a testing run where I can't figure out why it worked before I ran in the house and won't work now. It usually boils down to one of the two wires slipped the vice grips, or my test lead fell off.

They are supposed to ground to the inner fender, near the starter relay. I just put an eyelet on them and pinch them behind one of the bolts that holds the starter relay to the fender.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals