• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

what seats and other items fit??

00RangerXCab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Morning, I was wondering what seats from what vehichles are a drop in for a Ranger (2000 extended cab specifically).

currently I have a 60/40 bench with fold down arm rest and I was concidering buckets. they don't have to be leather or power.

ive also done the mustang interior light, but besides the over head console from an explorer what else is a nice addition to the inside of a ranger?

thanks in advance!

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
One thing to remember, with the extended cab you need seats where the seat back folds forward so you can still get to the jump seat area. Buckets from another extended cab would be ideal.

Jimmyrig

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
It ain't stuck till it don't move
Explorer lighted visors are nice too. Especially the double visor style. I've also been thinking about doing explorer power seats. Some of them have inflatable lumbar supports and a few other doo-dad's that are nice on long drives. I'm not sure if they are a direct bolt in or not and I'm not a fan of how tall the backs were in my last explorer but they were very nice

Slammin Sam

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
In most instances you need to use your original seat tracks for a direct bolt in. The draw back, you loose the power seat features. Explorer, Ranger, Bronco II floor pans are all different. With work, you could build adapters so the seat tracks would fit. I just replaced the 60/40 bench in my 89 with high back buckets from a 98 Exploder Sport. I had to put my tracks on the new buckets.

Last edited:

00RangerXCab

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
In most instances you need to use your original seat tracks for a direct bolt in. The draw back, you loose the power seat features. Explorer, Ranger, Bronco II floor pans are all different. With work, you could build adapters so the seat tracks would fit. I just replaced the 60/40 bench in my 89 with high back buckets from a 98 Exploder Sport. I had to put my tracks on the new buckets.
Well I'm good with manual seats because that's what I have now and I'm not really interested in running power to them lol.

I was hoping there was a nice drop in cause the last time I made brackets for a seat it ended up raising my seat and inch or so which put me in the roof lol

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
You'll have to use your current tracks. Tried seats from a 94 explorer, they would have worked if I could have got the tracks off my old seats pretty mad about it because those seats from that explorer were in great condition and matched my bronco 2's interior. Now I've got to find a bronco 2 to get tracks, then go seat hunting again.

Stu73

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.5L
Transmission
Manual
'88 Tbird seats fit a 2000 Ranger Extended Cab XLT?

Hey folks, new to these forums so sorry if this isn't the right place to ask. Have a line on some '88 Tbird seats. According to the post at
www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Seats.shtml they should fit a Ranger but what year or it doesn't matter? Putting into a 2000 Ranger extended cab xlt. 12 year old seats fitting seems like a span of years for Ford not to have changed something. Will they fit? Anyone know? Thank you.

86beater

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Not quite a bolt in but simple swap still. 06 explorer seats in my 86. Simply grind the mounting feet rivet heads off both sets of seats and weld the ranger ones to the explorer seats n done. Took me about an hour

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals