• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ford recalls... once again!!

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Ford is recalling only at this time 35,000 trucks and Crossovers due to a fire hazard to the fuel line. 25,000 Rangers 2010 models are effected. I guess that is not bad for a change since Ford has recalled way to many vehicals before as we all know. So, if any of you guys who have the Ranger make sure you call the Dealer you bought it from just to check. F-series trucks as well. They be recalling only certain models with a certain VIN number of where they were made.

Just for Info

Buckeyeman

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Called dealer this morning with vin and they said mine is not involved. Good deal!

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Hm. Another recall. At least THEY are calling the recall first, before people start accelerating with the drive-by-wire and they find out the hard way.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
The other recall was an airbag malfunction. From what I understand, the airbags were sourced from more than one manufacturer. One manufacturer had the problem, which is why only 100,000(ish) were recalled. I wonder if this is the same deal?

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Hey - it is a GOOD thing that Ford does all these recalls. It means they care about having a decent product. Some certain other manufacturers deny that they make anything wrong and won't recall shit until there is a lawsuit. Ford knows that nobody is perfect, they don't try to be something that they are not. I know you ain't a Ford guy straycat - we all know you like them Jeeps - but at least give them credit for fixing a problem instead of implying that they are a bad company for going good on their mistake.

AgPete139

09/2014 OTOTM Winner
Supporting Member
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L OHV
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Total Lift
~9"
Tire Size
35"x12.50"x17"
Hey - it is a GOOD thing that Ford does all these recalls. It means they care about having a decent product. Some certain other manufacturers deny that they make anything wrong and won't recall shit until there is a lawsuit. Ford knows that nobody is perfect, they don't try to be something that they are not. I know you ain't a Ford guy straycat - we all know you like them Jeeps - but at least give them credit for fixing a problem instead of implying that they are a bad company for going good on their mistake.
I don't think Straycat was dissing anyone; he was simply raising public awareness about our Ford products.

It's all good!

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
No, he wasn't dissing anyone, and I ain't trying to start something with him - I respect straycat - but he IS insinuating that recalls are a bad thing. Forced recalls from court are a bad thing, voluntary recalls are a good thing. In my mind anyways, at least, at the moment. I dunno, I spent all morning at the VA Hospital getting bloodwork done and tests run so I'm a little light headed at the moment.

gribly

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Honda
Engine Size
K20A3
Transmission
Manual
Plus, he has a Jeep. It is my moral obligation to give him shit about it.

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic

Oh, no, Bro. I am a Ford guy...but my taste are before the 2004 Fords. I just don't care too much for the new Ford stuff that has come out. I like the early Broncos and Mustangs the best. I am a Ranger guy and always have had a Ranger. I have had Jeeps and early Broncos since I was a kid and they always were the best for off roading since I could get any accessory for anything I wanted. Try to find the custom things for our Rangers....just not much of a market and that is just too bad. I keep my stuff for a long time.
It is just not Ford that has been having issues as we all know. Every time a manufacturer has an issue the put out a notice. Ford has a reputation as well as do the other brands!!

You see....this stuff should never really happen to any make of automobile. The technology is so advanced these days and all these manufacturers are not doing something right the first time!!! It seems to me we are going backward instead of forward!!
The only thing I had an issue with was when Firestone recalled the tires on my 99 Ranger. I bought new tires after I heard about the recall. Firestone sent me a check for $235 after I filled out a survey and put in the tires serial numbers and the dealer I bought the tires from with the receipt. At least I got something back for the new tires I bought...lol

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
Plus, he has a Jeep. It is my moral obligation to give him shit about it.
Haaaa haaaaa....I have 2 Jeeps!!!! lol I still love my Ranger....All my friends have said over and over...'If there is such a thing as reincarnation... I hope to come back as one of Straycats pets or his bikes or trucks....he takes care of everything and loves everyone so much'!!! lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Try to find the custom things for our Rangers....just not much of a market and that is just too bad.
In my experiance most aftermarket stuff is cheaply made and expensive to buy with crappy instructions anyway. Most of my stuff is adapted from something else or plain outright built by me.

Ranger's (or at least my first generation) are pretty simple to build/adapt parts for. Makes for a very satisfying hobby too. :icon_thumby:

Dad just got a Jeep (CJ-2A) last fall, we haven't got it going yet. It looks like a fun rig but I like the versitility of my Ranger. (for expample the jeep looks a little drafty for running support for the tractor while feeding hay in the winter)

Last edited:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
In my experiance most aftermarket stuff is cheaply made and expensive to buy with crappy instructions anyway. Most of my stuff is adapted from something else or plain outright built by me.

Ranger's (or at least my first generation) are pretty simple to build/adapt parts for. Makes for a very satisfying hobby too. :icon_thumby:

Dad just got a Jeep (CJ-2A) last fall, we haven't got it going yet. It looks like a fun rig but I like the versitility of my Ranger. (for expample the jeep looks a little drafty for running support for the tractor while feeding hay in the winter)
Exactly my point...everything we would like to add has to be custom made by us or a fabricator!!! It would be so nice If you wanted that neat winch bumper that you see on another truck...but who makes that for our Ranger?? Nobody. Some of the earlier Ranger you can get stuff from Dixon Brothers and other off road builders. But I don't see anything for the 98 up Rangers. Light bars that just bolt right up? Nah...lol

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Exactly my point...everything we would like to add has to be custom made by us or a fabricator!!! It would be so nice If you wanted that neat winch bumper that you see on another truck...but who makes that for our Ranger?? Nobody. Some of the earlier Ranger you can get stuff from Dixon Brothers and other off road builders. But I don't see anything for the 98 up Rangers. Light bars that just bolt right up? Nah...lol
If it bolts in the back of a '93 it will bolt in the back of a '11. Same bed with different tail lights. Same for lightbars on top the cab, same cab. I don't even know what the original application was for my decorative rollbar, it was advertised on Craigslist for $20 under "Small Truck Rollbar" and it bolted in perfectly.

As far as bumpers go, Jeep stuff is the same width. Make brackets and go. If you can't make brackets then the repair bills of offroading will more than likely make you starve anyway. :icon_thumby:

straycat

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
02 06 and 2012
Make / Model
Jeeps
Transmission
Automatic
If it bolts in the back of a '93 it will bolt in the back of a '11. Same bed with different tail lights. Same for lightbars on top the cab, same cab. I don't even know what the original application was for my decorative rollbar, it was advertised on Craigslist for $20 under "Small Truck Rollbar" and it bolted in perfectly.

As far as bumpers go, Jeep stuff is the same width. Make brackets and go. If you can't make brackets then the repair bills of offroading will more than likely make you starve anyway. :icon_thumby:

Not that many Jeep bumpers I would put on my Ranger. I like light bars that bolt to the front end, not the bumper. Nobody has a bolt on light bar for my 99. Rear bumpers are different. I have a roof rack rack I can mount lights on so no big deal there. Not to many fabricators build stuff for Rangers. Your roll bar is just decorative not built for protection. So it is universal. It should work on almost any truck. But that what fabricators are for. We need people like that to build us neat stuff..lol

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Why do almost all of Ford's recalls involve things catching on fire? The Pinto fiasco, the cruise control recall, the ignition switch recall, the Escape ABS recall.....

Also, these last 2 Windstar recalls are BS. They are for rust.... in corrosion areas..... on 10 year old vehicles. BS.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals