• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New member/Old ranger

JTT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Hello. New to this web forum, but old Ranger owner.

I have owned my 1995 Ford ranger for 20 years. nothing special about it, but it is a Ranger XL 2WD, 2.3 litre 5 speed, regular cab long box, with 330,000 km.
I increased the rear suspension by adding 2 extra leafs, and would really like to increase the front suspension to level it now, but it is difficult to find parts for 1995.

Only recently have I begun to repair esssential parts.

Only major problem that I have had was the Clutch master/slave cylinders being replaced.

I am currently replacing the leaf spring shackles, Daytime Running light module, EGR valve, and various body panels (due to rust).

I also own a 1996 Mazda B2300 with the exact same powertrain (but now with a blown head gasket), with 155,000 km. debating on whether or not is worth it to replace the gasket, or just keep the truck for spare parts for my Ranger.

I would post a pic of the ranger, if you do not mind viewing white paint/rust.

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Post pics please. We like pics. The more the better. It also helps you keep track of what you start with and where you end up.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
I also own a 1996 Mazda B2300 with the exact same powertrain (but now with a blown head gasket), with 155,000 km. debating on whether or not is worth it to replace the gasket, or just keep the truck for spare parts for my Ranger.
Why not both?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals