Home Ford Ranger Forum Builders Guide How To Tech Other Articles Featured Rangers Readers Rangers Classifieds Shirts & Decals

Go Back   The Ranger Station Forums > Truck Discussions (Not for tech help - Use Help Forums further down) > 2019 Ford Ranger (4x4 & 2WD)

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 04:32 AM   #1
Jim Oaks
Administrator

Jim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond reputeJim Oaks has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation A replacement to the 2019 Ranger already in the works

Ford Ranger Raptor recently spotted at night here in the USA

As we wait for the 2019 Ford Ranger to start showing up at the dealerships, there's a buzz that Ford is already working on it's replacement around 2022.

As you know, the 2019 Ford Ranger is built from the global platform that has been around since 2011. Even though this Ranger is new to us, it's still an old platform that's due for a redesign.

This new Ford Ranger carries project code P703, and shares much of its design with the upcoming Bronco. The frames for both the next generation Ranger and Bronco are being launched by the same team at Modatek.

But wait, there's more.....

A Ford chassis engineer has been working on a Ranger Raptor with a P703 code that's described as being for the North America market. This engineer has also worked on the current version of the Global Ranger Raptor, as well as the P375N 2019 Ford Ranger.

This new North American Ford Ranger Raptor project will likely be referred to as "Project Redback", which is the same name Ford used on the Global Ranger Raptor.
Jim Oaks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisement - Don't want to see the forum ads? Click HERE to find out how to be a Supporting Member.

Rock Auto 5% Discount Code: 29781F0E77DE4B Expires: March 31, 2019
Old 01-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
pjtoledo
Supporting Member

Vehicle Year: 2000 2005 199
Vehicle Make: Fords
Vehicle Model: Rangers Taurus SHO 5spd
I use this vehicle for: going to Cabelas
My credo: get outta my way, I'm falling!
pjtoledo has a spectacular aura aboutpjtoledo has a spectacular aura about

Looks good.

speaking of looking, the view thru the side windows shows the barrier walls, not a drivers silhouette.
for now I'll blame it on the camera angle and the B pillar.
pjtoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:23 PM   #3
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING
My credo: it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

that explains so many development issues.
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #4
85_Ranger4x4
December 2013 OTOTM

Vehicle Year: 1985
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: Ranger
I use this vehicle for: A weapon of massive consumption.
85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute85_Ranger4x4 has a reputation beyond repute

You know if you are going to go all cloak and dagger about bringing the Raptor here... it would be just slightly sneaky to not put the decals on it when you test drive it.

Check out my Build Thread

Check out my NAIAS Ranger Trip

"I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas A. Edison.
85_Ranger4x4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2019, 01:44 PM   #5
bobbywalter
RBV Technical Advisor

Vehicle Year: 1988
Vehicle Make: FORD
Vehicle Model: RANGERISH SORT OF THING
I use this vehicle for: EVERYTHING
My credo: it is easier to fix and understand than "her"
bobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to beholdbobbywalter is a splendid one to behold

that fawks me up all the time when seeing platform rigs...row trucks.

but the chassis changes for modular look to be going across the spectrum....makes electric drive integration a breeze.

come on hub motors....and hybrid drives.
88 ranger ext cab low rider 4x4 propelled by 395 cubes of of non turbo SLOBBERIN DIESEL...BLAHHH...motating a 4l80 thats AUTHORITATIVELY turnin a ford 208 spinning 410 open dana 60s and whatever tire suits the mood that day. how ya like me now?
bobbywalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #6
Rangerx2

Vehicle Year: 2012
Vehicle Make: Ford
Vehicle Model: F-150
I use this vehicle for: Daily Driver w/a few upgrades
My credo: Always question authority
Rangerx2 is on a distinguished road

I've heard this rumor before, on this and other forums. It would make sense being that by 2022 this current chassis would be over 10 years old. That could explain why the '19 model is only available with one powertrain; and frankly, not a whole lot of options otherwise. Especially when compared to its big brothers in the F-Series lineup. Ford is trying to bring this model to the US Market with as little R&D money as possible so they can invest it into the next gen Ranger program. Hopefully for 2022 we'll see some more choice for powertrains and otherwise. Why bring a Ranger Raptor here when you're just going to replace it in 2 years?
Not that I'd be buying a Raptor... If Ford's asking $70k for the F-150 Raptor you know a Ranger Raptor is going to be around $55-60k. Why spend that much on a truck? I spent less than that on my first house!
1986 Ranger Scab 2.3 5-speed; gone and I want it back
Rangerx2 is offline   Reply With Quote